“5*”
Review of Gustav Gastro Cafe

Gustav Gastro Cafe
Ranked #40 of 159 Restaurants in Tartu
Reviewed 2 July 2019

Really like the place. They have very good cakes and food. And lemonade is the best!
Great place to visit for lunch or dinner or just coffee with friends!
Recommend 100%

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (43)

Reviewed 16 June 2019

We took burger and salad. Two home made limonades cherry-mint. Its was great meal. Limonade just great. Mum also liked salad with smoked mocatella. Do not have english menu,however waiter was good at translating.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

Gustav has a nice selection of pastries, but some food is appalling. Second time I stumbled upon zander soup. I love fish and soups (not tomato soups though). I was checking if it’s a ‘clear soup’. It was and I ordered. It came with sour cucumbers!!! And whole barley grains! It was sour. I would call it rather some rassolnik or ‘farmer’s soup’ like locals call the soups where they throw in whatever they find (like barley grain or some pickles if you don’t have any fresh to take), like 100 years ago when you either ate what you had or starved. Well, times have changed.. Keep away from the fish soup and beware of these terrible Russian kitchen peculiarities.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 14 April 2019

I came here for lunch. I had the lamb burger. The burger smelled really good. The fries and dipping sauce tasted really good. The burger was pretty good, but there was a lot going on flavor-wise with all the toppings, I think it might have been a bit better with less. It was also a bit expensive compared to other good burgers in Tartu. Service was very fast and good. I may come back to try different dishes but I probably won't have another burger here.

There menu online was not up to date. I like to look online at the menu before going because I take a long time to decide. The menu was very different than what was posted online. I could tell the menu was out of date because they still had the weekly specials from the first week of November posted; I was there in April. I didn't expected half the menu to be different though. None of my top three choices were still on the menu.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 24 February 2019 via mobile

We only ate burges here and they were great. All the cakes and pastries on the counter looked amazing. Maybe next time we try also those. Burgers didn't leave any room for a dessert!

Date of visit: February 2019