Ways to Experience Beit Bella Synagogue
from US$508.30
More Info
from US$211.79
More Info
All reviews jewish community jews independence religious estonia history building
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2019

The must beautiful synagogue, is open and welcome each and every guest, but for security reasons is always good to arrange a visit in advance.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 22 April 2019 via mobile

I always make a point of visiting the local synagogue when I’m travelling and I travel a lot. Though this is the first synagogue where I have been denied entry. I spoke to I think what was a member of the synagogue...quite rude...the answer was no to everything. I am always always welcome with open arms...but with Tallinn synagogue, I couldn’t enter, I couldn’t take photos...SHAME ON YOU TALLINN SYNAGOGUE!

Date of experience: April 2019
2  Thank Ruthielou69
Reviewed 22 September 2018

This is a lovely building near the centre of Tallinn. You can admire its modern architecture from the street.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Visiting sites of ancient Jewish communities us often of interest to me. Estonia has a difficult past when addressing the acts against Estonian Jews. Despite feeling a little worried about my trip to Estonia I was in fact made to feel very welcome.

The synagogue was a very welcome treat in a great country.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Ordinarily you don't hear much about Jews in Estonia. The original synagogue in Tallinn was destroyed in WWII. This beautiful modern structure was not erected until about 2006, 15 years after Estonia's independence, because of Soviet negativity on religion. It's even better If there's a local leader of the synagogue available to talk about the history of the building and the Estonian Jewish community.

Date of experience: July 2017