Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$52
Agoda.comUS$49
eDreamsUS$49
FindHotel
Etrip
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2018

DON'T GO
Renata, the woman in charge, has treated me as the worst customer service ever. She has been rude, impolite, arrogant and NEVER RECOMMEND this place. I can't understand how a person can be so rude when working with customer.
DON'T GO

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank NAP93
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My very unexpected and truly weird experience with that hostel went like that:

I arrived at the given address but I could not see a sign of the hostel. So I called the property for further directions and noticed that it was not an Estonian phone number I was calling to. That got me confused even further, I thought I may have made a mistake with the country when booking online.

The receptionist who picked up the phone was extremely rude and started shouting at me for speaking English instead of Estonian. Furthermore, she refused to give me directions. When I said I have made an online booking she told me she will cancel my booking and slammed the phone down.

That was totally erratic and pretty shocking. I then randomly met an owner of another hostel on the same street, checked in there and when I told him about my phone call to the Zinc Hostel, he told that this receptionist is probably on drugs again and that she is known in the neighbourhood for her rude and irrational behaviour.

That receptionist surely does not do a favour to the business she is working for. But I think people should know about this, in case she is on duty again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Annikamae
Reviewed 1 July 2018

The rooms have been refurbished very tastefully. The kitchen is stocked with all utensils and some spreads for toast as well as milk. Staff are very knowledgeable and forthcoming with help, when solicited. There has obviously been a woman's touch in the place. The proximity to the pub means some late night noise but this doesn't spoil the effect too much.

Room tip: Some rooms are adjacent to the pub. Some might not appreciate the drunkards.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

i spent three nights. Price was ok and the location is directly in the city center, so close to everything. Kitchen was well equipped. But we couldn´t sleep well because there was a lot of noise. We liked our stay there

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Excellent value of money! Excellent location (just around the corner from Olda Hansa), the mini market Rimi is just 3 minutes walk along Sauna street. We asked for early check-in (at 6 am) and got it for extra 10 euro, which is totally fine. The door was locked, when we arrived, so we had to call to a night manager to open the door and check-in - this instruction was sent to me a few days before arrivel. Our room on the 2nd floor was ready to crash the beds after the long night ride to Tallinn. The common areas are super clean, the kitchen is equipped with everything you need and even more (clean dishes, tea, coffee machine, salt, sugar), you can keep your food in the fridge. After the check out we could leave our bags for two more hours. All the shower stuff you should bring with you. Bed linnen& towels are included, extra pillows and blankets as well. Good wifi. Def. one of the best hostels we have ever stayed. Will stay again if I'm in Tallinn.
One minus I can mention is very poor sound insulation, you can hear everything from the corridor, from the street. Ear plugs will be very useful if you want to sleep well.

Room tip: Very poor sound insulation, noise from the corridor, from the street. Ear plugs will be very useful if you want to sleep well.
Date of stay: June 2017