Hotel Palace(Tallinn)
US$190
US$131
US$111
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
Orbitz.com
US$145
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main squarecourtyard suitebeer houseold towntown squareperfect locationraekoja platslovely hotelair conditioninglounge areareception staffsmoked salmonthe ground floordouble roombreakfast is servedlong weekendsmall hotel
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Merchant's house Hotel is the converted original merchant residence dating back to the 1200's, located near the Tallinn old town square. Rooms are tastefully fitted out,there is an outdoor terrace area, beautiful sauna relaxation area, restaurant , breakfast area and bar. Within easy walking distance are all the famous landmarks of Tallinn. Hotel staff are friendly and efficient. Stairs are only available to uppermost floors which would deter individuals with a disabilty. Tariff includes a full breakfast. A nice central Hotel to relax and enjoy the old city.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Great location in the old town on a calm street near the market place. Spacious and clean room (number 302). Excellent breakfast in the cosy cellar restaurant. Friendly and helpful staff. Good value for your money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Located in the Old City, maybe it was way inside of the area. I regretted for choosing this place although staff was lovely people. I had really difficult time carrying my luggage and the stone pavement almost damaged my suitcase casters :(

Also the room was really tiny and windows won't open all the way. Windows next to my door was really close to mine. Did't have a place to put my luggage so I had to move a chair next to the bed to make room for my luggage. I paid so much for two nights bc I booked the room last mins so that was another downside for me.

Went to breakfast, which was in the basement. A cave-like design is unique and cozy but soon I noticed there was a weird scent in the breakfast room b/c there is absolutely no ventilation system due to its old structure system. The chair upholstery had absorbed the weird scent and I couldn't eat my breakfast and left the place. Later when I walked around the Old City, I saw many cave-like cafe and restaurants. Merchant's House Hotel is quite common design in Tallinn, so if anyone is choosing the place because of the photos of the hotel, you should consider other hotels that's more fresh and close to the Silja Line.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank sara s
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We reluctantly only had one night here. At reception the young man was excellent telling us about Tallinn and how there was a procession currently in the town of schools and districts heading to the large sound stage where up to 40,000 voices would be on stage. He gave us a map and showed us where to go.He carried our heavy cases to our room, picking them both up at once, then amusingly forgot where our room was and carried them much further than her needed to. The strain was palpable.. The hotel sits across a couple of shop fronts and appears quite old. The ceilings are low and it is a veritable labyrinth, but so quaint and quirky. We availed ourselves of the excellent sauna (private for us only). and it was quite a passageway to find it. There is a gym and massage tables. Our room was warm and had a fan going most of the time. The bathroom had all expected amenities and a good shower.
We had twin beds and they were both comfortable. Plenty of space for us to put our cases etc. Breakfast was very good. I had to be careful to duck my head in the cavern like room. went to use the toilet and was momentarily lost in the labyrinth. I liked this hotel and would happily stay again. We were able to leave our luggage after checkout, in an accessible room near reception. Everyone we met in the hotel provided good service, albeit the natural characteristics, surprise at first. Cars are not allowed in the hotel area, but are able to come to a well at the top of the street which is not too far away. a pleasant experience at a reasonable price, right in the old City

Room Tip: Our room was close to reception and because of the labyrinth of levels etc, try to get a room close to reception
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry M
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We had a really comfortable stay in this hotel, situated right in the heart of old town and perfect for seeing the sights. It's probably not ideal for the infirm as there are lots of steps and the street outside is not accessible by car (you can get to a viable road about 100 yards up the hill). The staff were excellent, especially the night manager who was brilliant throughout. We had an awesome room, very spacious and well set out, although the shower-over-the-bath thing was a bit fiddly. Bed was great. Breakfast was decent, not as sumptuous as the website had led us to expect but pretty thorough in its provisions, including a good range of hot stuff. All in all a very nice place, and I'd definitely look at it again if I'm in the neighbourhood.

Room Tip: Board room suite has two large leather sofas, and plenty of space to fit them in :)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple