“Just ok”
Review of Cafe Lyon

Cafe Lyon
Ranked #21 of 47 Coffee & Tea in Tallinn
Cuisines: French
Description: Meistri Cafe Lyon is a French-style cafe and restaurant that was nominated as one of the 50 best restaurants in Estonia after only half a year of being in business. The Michelin-starred chef Sasu Laukkonen has been a visiting chef at Meistri Cafe Lyon, and dinners accompanied by wine from the world’s best wine cellar have been held here. The speciality of the restaurant is the wide selection of cakes and tarts hand-made on the spot according to the best French recipes.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had lunch at Õismäe cafe.We had slow cooked beef cheek and from lunch menu quiche with salad.The portions for the price were quite small indeed, because what they called "salad" was only a couple of tomato and cucumber slices, no actual salad.And the salad cost a half of the price (whole dish was 5.50 euros).The food was okay,but the price you pay is not worth the food you get.Overall,I recommend to try cakes instead,they are delicious.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I was there for a breakfast yesterday. I arrived three minutes before the official opening time at 8am, since the door was open I entered, planning to wait at a table until the place opens and I can order. The waitress got really angry with me - started ranting "why are you coming in here? what do I need to do to keep you out of here? i am not ready yet! don't you understand that we open at 8?" Since I had agreed a breakfast meeting with a potential partner, I had to stay there for breakfast but I don't think I would go back.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We ate lunch and had desserts in the Viru Lyon (same building as Viru shopping mall, but entrance is from the outside of the building). The service was great, a little slow, but the place was quite full. The portions (lunch) were quite small, so if you're really hungry I would recommend another place (prices start around 10€). The cakes were good, but maybe a little too sweet since none of us could finish the piece. Overall, a nice place with good service and nice decor, but pricey compared to many other similar places in Tallinn.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We used to love going to Lyon, thought it was the best option in Õismae area of Tallinn. Well, things changed.
One time we were sitting by the table for 30 minutes without anyone noticing us, while the room is really small and we were not hiding in the corner. OK, happens
Went once again to get some deserts for take-away to enjoy at home after nice dinner in the nearby restaurant. We stayed behind the counter for 5 minutes listening for two waitresses just behind it gossiping about some private stuff. Finally they noticed us and informed us that they are getting back to us in just a minute and went both to the kitchen laughing... Really unpleasant feeling that no delicious deserts can cover up for. Not returning

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Had a dinner with my dad. We had a nice table outside, although the view was of the parking lot (we visited the Õismäe one). Not many guests, the service was good: prompt and polite. The food was delicious, the cakes as well. I misunderstood which cake is which when ordering them, the waitress kindly offered to bring me the one I had actually had in mind. Would go again.