“Place to sleep”
Review of Lillekula Hotel

Lillekula Hotel
Ranked #58 of 86 Hotels in Tallinn
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This place suite for sleeping but it doesn't do that pretty well either. Room that i have was not cleaned well. Breakfast was a really minimalistic for my needs and therefore i have to eat a second breakfast in another place.
Positive is that price is low. It do what it is suppose to do: offering you a place to put your head and a shower, but that is it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is an old house turned in hotel. Not clean, the bathroom has mold. Untill you stay there, nobody comes to clean your room.
The breakfast starts only at 8 which is too late if you want to leave earlier. The personal doesn't speak english very good.
The hotel is 20 minutes walking distance from the old town.
Also Tallinn is extremely beautiful, this hotel did not live up to my expectation.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel has the bare minimum of everything - be it beds, bathroom, breakfast, friendliness of staff and extras. It's just good enough for a short stay in Tallinn. It's got free parking and you can walk into the city. If you expect more, stay away.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2017

I've stayed in this hotel three times recently. The two first times were ok, nothing to complain. But the third time is the reason why I give this bad review.

I reserved a room through a reservation site for one night. I was traveling with night ferry, so I would be checking in around 1 AM. I wrote a message saying that I'd be checking in at that time since I know they close their gates around midnight and they might be sleeping. They do have 24h reception, so it's ok to check in whenever.

I arrive at the hotel and the gate is closed. I find a doorbell and ring. Nothing. Ring again. Again. I ring it in the rain for several minutes pondering if I should just climb the wall and leave my car on the street when finally someone opens the gate so I can drive in.

I go in and ask for my room. They ask for my name and say "no reservation." I say I do have one and it's paid for through the agency. "You have not paid, so no reservation." I'm baffled. I take out the email from the agency that has all the information. Reservation dates, paid amounts etc. "No, this says this is what you have to pay" (the email is in Finnish, but the difference between those words is very small so they should understand). I explain that no, this clearly says it's been paid. "No, it's not been paid" and she just stares at me.

No offer of reserving a room then and there, or paying again. Nothing. Just staring. I ask her to call the agency. "I can't." Why? "It's night." But they have 24h service. "I can't call at night." On and on we go, when finally I notice another section in the email that even more clearly says "Paid X €, to be paid 0 €" and finally she accepts that I have paid and starts the reservation and check in process.

I finally get a room, after half an hour from arriving and can finally get to sleep in the middle of the night so I can continue my traveling at least somewhat rested in the morning.

They really should get into some kind of service mentality and not stick to the old habits of just saying "no" and staring at people when they are wrong themselves.

Other than that the hotel is ok, rooms are clean and the location is very good for traveling to/from the ferries.

I do not, however, recommend arriving at night, or arriving without calling and making sure they actually got the reservation. Seems they don't really have the best systems or attitude.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Estonians don't really like talk much more than what they are asked for.
The location is not bad, 10 minutes walk from the Old Town and breakfast some coffee, tea, toasts... nothing special.
But it is quite cheap for what you can find in Tallinn, this is their best point. It was the cheaper place that I found having a room with bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com