Estonian Museum of Applied Art & Design
Review Highlights
Nice exhibition

A nice museum in the middle of the Old Town. Currently they have an exhibition called ”The Weather... read more

Reviewed 23 November 2019
Tero W
Helsinki, Finland
via mobile
THIS HAD BEEN A SEVENTEENTH century storehouse and now steadily a museum

... just across the street from our last attraction on Estonia’s Health Care (a five-second walk... read more

Reviewed 8 February 2019
thejonpage
London, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Tallinn
from US$47.40
from US$247.54
from US$209.62
from US$103.23
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We were really impressed with the variety and breadth of this design museum. It was very reasonably priced and we could have spent 2 hours here if we'd had time. As it was, we were there for about an hour and enjoyed it very much.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Worth a quick look through as it definitely has a few different items. The building itself is not particularly interesting- but they have presented items in a nice way - definitely a focus on Estonian art which is good.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

this was a good solo activity. ground floor exhibition was the best. first floor was good too but the second was disappointing. Noteworthy: not handicapped friendly at all!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 2 May 2017

2 mins walk from my hotel, and thru a small courtyard lies this absolute GEM. If you are into design then the upper gallery has a fascinating yet small collection of chairs lighting and household goods....well worth a look at this stylish collection, if you like 50/60/70 Scandinavian design then this will appeal to you. The lower floor has some of the funkiest ceramics Iv'e seen in a longtime...and is inspiring me in my own ceramic making. I even found myself studying the fabrics and wall hangings which I would normally not spend too much time on. A small but interesting ceramic/glass fusion collection. I am unable to get excited about book binding/leather covers even though I can appreciate the skill it does not float my boat when art and ceramics to enjoy. I cannot stress how interesting enthusiastic and helpful was the charming lady who went out of her way to share my enthusiasm in the reception/mini shop. I was lucky to be able to buy a couple of pieces ( at really small price) of glass from the Tarbeklaas factory. Should I head back to Tallinn this will be high on my list of excellent sites to re-visit. It is a lot smaller than Kumu, but please don't overlook this gem three/four mins walk from the old square. FIVE STARS from me...THANK YOU!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Located close to Tallinn City Theater ( which is on the north side ). Shows variety of art and design artifacts.

Date of experience: December 2016