Ecoland Hotel-Boutique
Dorell Hotel(Tallinn)
  • Bar/Lounge
Center Hotel(Tallinn)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Although I am sure this is not the worse hotel I stayed in, this is definitely the worst in the last 10 years.

CONS:

The front desk staff-Irina-is incredibly unwilling to help, got in a spat with another hotel worker who was trying to help me and said he should not do it.

Botton line, front desk staff Irina was horrible at customer service and "free wifi" as website boasts is untrue. I also had an issues with wifi -password given was not recognized by any of the networks they offered. I came downstairs for the 3rd time to tell Irina I am having issues. She said to go back to my room and try 2 other networks. I told her they do not show up, but when and checked to confirm that indeed, the networks she gave me either do not exist or do not reach my room. I came downstairs for 4th time. I told her those networks don't exits and for the others, the password provided is indicated as incorrect. She insisted it was correct. I asked her to come with me and check-she refused, saying she can't leave front desk (makes you wonder what she does when she has to pee).I asked her to try entering it herself to confirm and handed over my phone with screen for password open. She said she is absolutely not allowed to touch my phone. I asked her to watch my screen while I entered the password given. She did. The screen said incorrect password. She said a lot of people where using wifi that's why I can't logon. I said "incorrect" password is a different issue from limited connectivity due to too many people using it. She said it is my problem because they rebooted the router in the morning and didn't have any complaints. Overwhelming majority of guest in this motel are one-night guests and I guess I did not count as person having an issue. Oh Irina, you should not be in hospitality business or any business that requires you to have human contact or speak.

Website also states that hotel is 10 minutes from center-this is also untrue. At absolute best, it is 20 minutes, but more like 25-30.

Website also says: "The Ecoland is surrounded by greenery and situated in an ecologically friendly, residential area". In reality, it is located right next to a big grocery store and is surrounded by pretty big asphalted parking space on both sides. To be "surrounded"-you have to have all sides! Also, the hotel is at a pretty busy intersection that will keep you up if you keep the window open since there is no other ventilation in the room & it gets pretty stuffy even when outside temp is not hot.

There are no male/female changing rooms at the pool.

The hallway is cluttered with temporary beds and black full trash bags.

The spa room looks like untidy, quite dirty utility closet. I would not let that mud touch me after seeing that room. The way the "spa" looks, the mud comes from the back of hotel grounds that people walk through to smoke.

PROS

The breakfast was not spectacular, but not terrible.

Close to a bus stop to/from the actual City of Tallinn.

Right next to grocery store.

Cheap

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We were looking for an accommodation for a family on the same morning, in peak time July. The very reasonable price was a surprise, but logically - you cannot expect much in such cases. First: location, it is relatively near the botanical gardens and TV tower, but not much else. The street corner is quite noisy, there is not too much parking space, at least it was free. There is a convenience store next door. However, the staff was quite helpful, providing a crib for the youngest one upon a late phonecall. Room was spacious enough to fit the 3 beds + the crib, leaving enough for moving around. TV-set was historic, did not try. No aircon meant the window had to be kept wide open through the night, letting street noise in. Breakfast was plentiful, although no points for being particularly tasty. There was free wifi, which worked reasonably.

Room Tip: Street-facing room for 3 was quite noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

After a double booking in the Tallinn Old Town we had no choice but to change the already paid roof apartment to this hotel far away from the center of the town. The hotel smells like mold and in the morning all 5 of us had sore throats and one even had swollen eyes. Breakfast was ok.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Faelwenin
Reviewed 12 May 2016

Hotel is stuck in the 90-s post USSR period pretty much. Old carpets and furniture from all ages, strange decor, weird hallways and stairways, absolute lack of design or taste for that matter, make this small hotel feel special. It is not very comfortable, the breakfast is just OK, it is located far from Tallinn's downtown, it is truly strange and many will dislike it a lot. Yet, it is clean, personnel is friendly and quick to fix a problem, and the price we paid for two singles was 50 Euro. Really, even in Tallinn at this price this is a good value.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2015

Russian hotel - the staff is Russian and most of the guests are Russian. The staff is very polite and friendly. We had a one night package with one spa treatment, dinner and breakfast. Everything was fine except one of the waitresses was very lazy and did not show any interest in serving us. She didn't light the candle, we had to wait 20 minutes till she took away our finished dishes (after I mentioned it to her). The other waitress was the total opposite. The room was a bit chilly but everything else was fine and worth the money. Its a budget hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple