1,054 results
All reviews great location old town superior room very nice hotel room was clean and comfortable an upgrade recommend this hotel the air conditioning central location star hotel street noise the main square booked this hotel town hall square breakfast room nice breakfast yogurt
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel was so well located. Just a few minutes from the tram stop that linked from the airport and only a few minutes walk into Town Hall Square.
From the off we were made to feel so welcome, the reception staff were all very friendly and happy to talk ito you.
My room (didn’t take up their offer of an upgrade) was large enough, lots of wardrobe space, comfy chair. Bed was very comfy for me.
Breakfasts were good, shame the restaurant was in the basement but that’s a minor point.very good selection.
To summarise great hotel in a great spot and reasonable price. Just right

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear 1gruesome,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing My City Hotel for your trip to Tallinn. Thank you for taking your time to leave us feedback.

I'm very happy to read that your visit was enjoyable.

Having the breakfast area in the basement is the case of many Old Town hotels. The buildings were not originally built for this purpose and the basements are the only places were they can be conventiently located. We have, however, tried to make the breakfast area as cosy and comfortable as possible.

We hope to welcome you back soon. It was a pleasure having you!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Peaceful and beautiful hotel, very good location. Only thing I was missing was deasant tea on breakfast. There was only poor tea bags - I'd prefer loose leafe tea and tea pots, it's not difficult to organize if you just will. Some talking and walking woke me up in the middle of night, the sounds came thru the room door from the corridor. Otherwise slept well.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear pjctHelsinki_Finland,

Thank you for visiting us and taking your time to leave feedback!

We have discussed increasing the tea selection at the breakfast but it all comes down to not having enough space. However, I will do my best to see if we can manage to conveniently fit some teapots and tea leaves. Thank you for the suggestion!

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a good night's sleep despite the sounds from the hallway. Some noise unfortunately is unavoidable at the hotels.

Hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at the hotel. Friendly and helpful staff, pretty rooms and lobby area. We enjoyed our stay. Very convenient location. Breakfast room is smallish but they still offer a hood selection for everyone’s taste. The air conditioning machine was quite loud and kept waking my hubby up every time it started but I wasn’t that bothered by that.
The hotel tries to be very eco-friendly which I appreciate with encouragement to use towels more than just one day or saving water. However there are still few things that could make it eco-friendlier. E.g. like loosing the plastic from the slippers you get in your room and stop using the single-packed butter portions for breakfast - jus to name a few. All in all, I’d would still recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Jaana J,

Thank you for choosing us for your visit to Tallinn and for taking time to leave us feedback!

I'm sorry to read that the AC disturbed your sleep. They can sometimes make bubbling sounds when they've been turned on for more than 5 hours. We often encourage guests to open windows for refreshment whenever possible instead of using the AC because of the sounds it can make. Air in Tallinn is rather clean and fresh air helps to have better sleep as well. Opening windows instead of turning on the air conditioning also saves a significant amount of electricty.

Your suggestions for being more eco-friendly are absolutely great and I will immediately look into it to see how we can make them work. Thank you!

Thank you again for visiting us. We hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

A central, clean and nice hotel. Not so bad price, and the service is wonderful. The staff spoke very good English, and they were very helpful. The room was nice and big, and the bed was lovely (perfect if you prefer hard beds). I'll definitely come back!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank isabelleec

Dear isabelleec,

Thank you for visiting us and taking time to leave feedback!

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and had good sleep.

Looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

The location of My City hotel is nice, the hotel itself is nice exept the fact that their beds give me back pain. So suits well for those who like to sleep on hard/harder matress.
Isolation is another weak point, the voices, opening/closing doors at hotel korridor sounds clearly to the room. Noice from the street is often claimed but they also have rooms facing the inner Yard.

Breakfast was just very good, the girl Valerie did handle the breffast service alone and did a remarkable good job filling up dishes, taking out used plates etc in a non stop swish and not beeing stressed over the busy job at all!

They have standard and superior rooms and the basic upgrade includes a tray with coffee/tea making set, bathrobes and slippers and a few extra toilet items. The average size for a standard room says to be 20 m2 and superior average 25 m2. But those are average sizes and a small superior can be same size as bigger standard. Smallest standard room has16.3 m2 and stll ok. Room sizes vary because they are different size in different locations in this old buildning.
Although, this hotel wants to be a quiet hotel, the hotel book says that if you are making a lot of disturbance in your room, they will simply trough you out.

The hotel advertises some benefits if you book directly on their own webpages such as free water (3€ value), fruitbasket, free uppgrade (if availablity...hahaa, they bring the coffee/tea tray and bathrobes) etc. What made me wonder, those who book directly with hotel (not via hotels webpages), should they be the best and valuable customers?

Room Tip: Book via hotels own web pages, choose a standard room, request inner court side
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
KilluMaidla, General Manager at My City Hotel Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Merja K,

Thank you for visiting us and taking your time to leave us feedback!

Our beds have high-quality mattresses and their firmness has been generally appreciated but of course they can be a bit too hard for some guests just like yourself. I'm sad to read that it hurt your back.

Would you please be so kind and let me know in which room you stayed in? I would like to further investigate if the sound isolation is specifically weak in that room. There are many guests in the hotel coming in and out from their rooms and at the moment we have some maintenance work going on in addition to daily cleanings. I would say that some sound is unpreventable but noise during the day can be louder at the moment just because we try to get necessary maintenace works done during the low season. I do apologise if it in any way disturbed your visit! Providing a good environment for our guests to relax is very important to us. And yes, you are correct. If some of our visitors disturb other guests and our warnings go unnoticed we do ask them to leave!

The external sounds are limited with the double windows in the rooms. We also try to accommodate light sleepers in the courtyard side rooms.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words to Valeria from the breakfast. I will definitely forward it to her. I'm very happy that you enjoyed the morning meals and the service.

To answer your last question- we very much appreciate guests who book their rooms directly with us either by phone/e-mail or our website! If guests book on other online channels 20%-25% of the money goes to the intermediate but by booking directly the guest helps the hotel to pay fair salaries to the serving staff and help us keep the quality and standards high. This is the reason why we make an effort and take time to treat the guests who have booked directly!

Thank you again for visiting. We hope to welcome you back soon!