All reviewsbank vaultrevolving doorold towncigar roomcute hoteltraditional hotelperfect locationthe hotel is ideally situatedthe main squarewould stay here againfacing the streetmeatballshistorical buildingdecent breakfastrestaurants and barstown squarewithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We traveled from Helsinki to Tallin on a ferry boat, it is only 2 hours away.
The hotel is very well located, walking distance from the port, adn in the best corner of the old town.
I guess it is a very old hotel, rooms are very small but cozy, we had a nice view from our window. Breakfast was included, don't expect too much nut be certain that some very fresh salmon will be served with delicious bread among other things. The elevator is something that you would like to take a picture of !

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed Barons for three nights in probably one of there best rooms "The Baron suite" loved it .
The view from my bed amazing, the usual things that everyone looks for ticked all the boxes ie comfy bed, clean, lots of little extras, bath robes, toilet accessories etc and a sauna which I made good use of. I have read a couple of reviews when looking to stay in Tallinn that said it is a little tired, I disagree if you over restore a place like this, it looses it atmosphere, vibe however you want to describe it. Also I should add that the desk staff were all very friendly and helpful, sadly I didn't catch there names but a blond at night and a brunette during the day, a big thanks to them as I was constantly quizzing them about various things. All in all I loved my time in Tallinn and my stay at Barons.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael John W
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Hotel is really rather dumpy with a good location. Much could be done to make this a far better hotel. The rooms are quite small and not very well kept, but at least the staff was polite and helpful. Being central to good shopping and restaurants as well as places to visit was the single redeeming factor.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Very good location to have your dinner in the restaurants near and bar tours in the evening. Very interesting interieurs. Nice views over the rooftops if you stay in the upper floors.
I especially liked the retro elevaator.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

After our tour of the Baltic states we moved from a hotel outside the old town to Barons. What a difference location makes. Less than 5 minutes walk to the historic town square and a rich choice of good restaurants. The hotel has all the amenities you need, clean, comfortable and well maintained rooms and a restaurant. The breakfast buffet has a wide range of food choices - cold meats, fish, cheese, yoghurt, fruit, plus traditional hot breakfasts, excellent bread and delicious jams. The elevator is a rich heirloom - a small cage that harkens to a previous era and rewards patience. The staff are helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple