1,044 results
All reviews estonian restaurant cold buffet upgraded to a junior suite old town no lift beautiful hotel perfect location the main square free upgrade christmas market hot dishes turn down service breakfast was excellent loved this hotel first floor private sauna the ground floor
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Great hotel and location rooms big and spacious very clean staff very friendly and helpful. overall a great place to explore tallin. The hotel bar and restaurant were lovely and the service was brilliant. We loved this city and the hotel would go back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My worst experience in any hotel for many years! The management should be utterly ashamed! After reading several excellent reviews, I was not only hugely disappointed with my room, the attitude of the staff made me extremely angry.

Beware! Make sure you do not have the misfortune to book one of this hotel’s eight “superior doubles”. These rooms are nothing like the “superior” rooms illustrated on its website. Not only is the sleeping part of room 202 tiny, it is desperately narrow, measuring approx. 2.2m x 5m – smaller even than the bathroom! The less-than queen-size bed is squeezed into a corner. There are no bedside lights for reading and no bedside tables – both absolute essentials as far as I am concerned. If two people were actually trying to sleep and the one nearest the wall had to get up for any reason, they would wake the other when clambering over them! Absolutely ridiculous for this calibre of hotel!

Service has been mentioned by other reviewers. Sadly I found exactly the opposite. When I checked in for two nights on a Sunday afternoon, the young receptionist exuded zero charm. Whilst I was happy enough to carry my two large bags to the second floor as the hotel has no lift, I was surprised there was no porter or bellboy around. The young lady encouraged me to make use of the restaurant. After a long walk around town, I returned and got ready for dinner. The same lady then informed me the restaurant was closed on Sundays, adding I should make use of it the following evening!

This lady was still on duty around 10:00pm when I went down to request a small table so that at least I could keep a glass of water by the bedside for medication, a notepad and my phone. I was firmly told none was available. She would request one the following morning. I explained this was not satisfactory. Once again I was told – no table! No suggestion that perhaps my room might be changed or some other solution found. I then stated that, despite my having pre-paid the room directly with the hotel, I would check-out immediately and move to an acceptable hotel. At that point, she said she would see what she could do. Two minutes later, for the first time with a smile, she brought a hard wooden chair for use as a table!

The following day I raised these issues with a member of the management. It seems they are perfectly well aware that my type of room is wholly substandard. I was informed it was a single room. Yet, he could not explain why the receptionist had told me no less than three - yes, three - times it was a double, nor why it was made up for two with two small duvets! He was extremely apologetic and offered a reduction on the cost of a dinner (I declined) or a complimentary transfer to the ferry pier (which I did accept). Yet, on checkout, I was informed I had to pay for the transfer myself, which I did! As far as I am concerned, that was insulting!

The location of this hotel is perfect. But the many negatives far outweighed any positives. I would never dream of staying again!

Room Tip: Just avoid any room that is billed as a "Superior" room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Fountainhall
Lindvest, General Manager at St. Petersbourg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Sir,

First I would like to say thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel St. Petersbourg. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

By reading your e-mail there are now words how deeply sorry I am for the negative stay you experienced in our hotel.

If I may say about the hotel, then it is oldest still functioning hotel in Tallinn which was opened as hotel in 1850. Building itself is even older. This is the reason why all 27 rooms are different in some ways and similar rooms hardly exist. Some of them have smaller bath corner and bigger room or vice a versa. There for we have not created too many different types and descriptions for each channel. Also the reason why some channel information might vary is because of the length of the description which you can enter – otherwise all them are same in everywhere.
Still I fully understand the concern you are telling and I must say I am sad, that the request for a different room after check in was not done. We would have been more than happy to find you a better solution. Also meeting on next day with our Front Office Manager you didn`t accept any solution which was offered to solve the problem.
I am happy to receive any comment always so I will for sure look over the situation and will look the way to create more clear description or separate room type for that room.
Also we will look to see the possibilities to improve the same room to fill all higher standards needed.

Regarding the case with transfer I do not have any words and my great apology for that. It is fully our mistake and should have been taken care of in professional manner and without any problems.
I would be happy to offer a free accommodation for future in our hotel to have a chance to prove different. Please feel free to contact me by finding my e-mail address below.

I am once again terrible sorry on behalf on me and my staff and we truly hope to welcome you back as another chance.

Thank you once again and wish you a best regards from Tallinn!

Tendo Lindvest
E-mail: tendo@schlossle-hotels.com

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Booked a deluxe room and on check in received an upgrade to a junior suite. The room was great and the staff even greater. A very nice buffet breakfast and everything very professional. More than happy with this hotel

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Llamarama63
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Wonderfull service, perfect location, large and confortable room.
Breakfast had so many options but few fruits.
The only little problem was that there is no elevator and my husband has a problem on his knees.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 21 August 2013

You cannot beat the location of the exquisite hotel and it is very reasonably priced for a 5 star. We booked a deluxe and were upgraded to a junior suite (304) on the corner overlooking the well in the square. Lovely and quiet and the room itself was enormous by European standards. The breakfast was excellent. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple