Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

The room I was supposed to stay in had a hole in its outer wall and wind came from the hole. Despite landlady's attempts to convince me that the whole in the wall was just a normal thing, I insisted to get another room. The new room was dirty, trash in the dustbin, previous tenants' leftovers. The room remained in this condition my whole stay, no one cleaned it out. Nevertheless, I was "obligated" to pay a separate "cleaning fee". No toilet paper in the toilet for 2 of the 3 days I was staying. No food, no coffee available, not been informed about this in advance, no information about nearby restaurants provided. The landlady was unpolite, troubled woman. I felt as if she expected from me that staying in her house, I was supposed to openheartedly accept all her conditions and problems. As if my purpose of being there was to fulfil her wishes and not havind rest. Pretty much all the tenants were bothered by her. One of the women cried all day after an encounter with her. And I am not exaggerating. Very negative attitude. The house was beautiful, I loved it's old style, but I will never return there, unless I want my sanity been tested.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mai-Liis M, Owner at Marta Guesthouse Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you Stella for your review, as the words used here themselves show your own character..

My only trouble during the days was your own behaviour towards us and the house. You arrived earlier, I guided you in, despite no check-in time yet. When I arrived at the house, you had without any permisson "chosen" yourself another room: just went to one room and used it already, without any asking or calling. I was available at all times. You chose a double room instead of single room, so I had many problems later, to organise other guests, who had booked the double room, into another rooms.. (I had only single left later!).
As I saw, that you had already used the room and put all your things there, I tried to do all I could (all house was sold out at this time!), to organise all other guests into another room, so that you could keep now the one, you had without asking and permission checked-in..

I came to you and told you, that you cannot take the room without our permission, as other guests may have booked it. This kind of behaviour is not allowed in any guesthouse or hotel!

After that I explained to you, that despite your not nice behaviour (I really felt not well, as such rudeness we see here seldom), rudeness also in expression and words. Despite that, I explained to you, that I try to organise all other guests accordingly, so that you can stay where you went in the morning.

You did not show any kind of friendliness, kindness, understanding. I only heard complaining about walls (this house is 100 years old and our whole philosophy turns around this special building, its uniqueness, authentic atmosphere. I tried to explain it to you, there was not a single time a warm feeling in response.

I would say: there are nice guests and there are (luckily seldom!) guests, where you feel, that you would really want them to leave and not stay in your house, which you have built and created with Love and Warmth. Where there is no understanding whatsover. You were for us such a guest.

We do our work, which is more a Hobby and Lifestyle (this house can never be a "business", is not a business for us!), with heart and dedication. We feel happy, doing it, living it.
I guess you yourself had the troubles and problems, when acting in such a way.
There are also many lies in your response. I will not get into details with all: there is a lot of exxageration and not only: also just pure lies.

Better to come with openness, warmth and of cource respect to others.

To other guests: come to see with our own eyes our little haven in Tallinn, the green garden and our With Heart created GetAway!
Warm welcome to open and friendly guests!
Mai-Liis, Marta Guesthouse Tallinn owner

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

When we arrived (at 1pm) the house was closed and noone opened the door when we rang the doorbell. But ok. We called the mobile number on the business card which was sticked to the door - and noone answered. The garden might be nice where you can have breakfast but the rest of the territory of Marta's place is definitely not in the best condition. And mind - it is 4 km from the old town.
After this we didn't want to stay there and cancelled our booking. We could not find any common agreement with the Marta owner and lost all money due to short notice cancellation. But ok - we hope Marta will be happy with it.
Sorry, but this place definitelely is a 'no-go'. Neither for 30 eur, nor for 10 eur per night!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olesya S

Dear Olesya!
Thank you for your lovely words about garden! Yes, it is very beautiful, thank you!
About all other you cannot express yourself, as you did not come into the house, you were just annoyed, that we were not exactly the time there, when you were planning to arrive.
Our check-in starts from 15:00 and we have informed all bookings and guests about the need to tell the arrival time in advance, otherwise we cannot come to meet you, as in the little house there is no 24h reception. This is a small guesthouse and feels as your own home, there are not many rooms, so we provide all guests personal keycodes for the main door, so that they can check-in any time, even during the night, when this is pre-agreed.

You were not telling us the arrival time and as you arrived before check-in, we were in the house cleaning the rooms. Probably the lady did not hear the bell, cleaning upper floors.
My phone is on all the time, so the guests can call, when they have arrived and not told about arrival beforehand.

You had made "non-refundable" booking via booking.com and this was your own choice, not to call and inform us about your wishes.
We can only help, when we have been asked and called and only so we are able to give the code for entering the little cozy house, we love so much!

Warm wishes to you and more openness and friendly attitude!
Mai-Liis

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent...Very nice and cozy place. It was a pleasure to descover it. The host very welcoming! Definitely it's a place where you return with pleasure every time.
The house is vintage and the garden is a nice place to spend quality time and make memories.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaboM9

Thank you so so much dear guest! We are so happy to read, that you liked our welcoming host and all the place itself!
So happy to hear, that the place was for you cozy and beautiful, where you would like to return any time!
Hope you will be back soon and spend lovely time in our beautiful garden in summer.
For dreamers, for those all, who love life, small details, things done by heart!

Warm welcome again!

Marta Guesthouse Tallinn team

Reviewed 30 January 2018

A quick weekend trip cycling in Estonia, stayed here for three nights. Shared toilet/shower, breakfast, all vegetarian/vegan and a vegan coffe shop downstairs.
Very nice staff. A bit of far away from central Tallin but was not a problem getting there with bicycles. Lovely old house and a good vibe in this place. Would reccomend for travellers not in a hurry, vegetarians and vegans. Nice place to rest for a while.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Adam-Rankka
Mai-Liis M, Owner at Marta Guesthouse Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you dear Adam for your nice review and very positive feedback! Happy to read about your travels here and that you liked our place, house and atmosphere!
Area is central, and the garden gives it a special atmosphere, though in the centre, still in a quiet area and as in the countryside.
Happy to hear, that you liked the cafe and vegan food! This is one of our missions.. Quietly but steadily.
Happiness to you and your family and welcome again!!
Marta Guesthouse Tallinn team

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Worked for us, would not be for everyone. Rustic old house, complemented with delightful, young people, and a vegan vibe. Attic rooms are cozy, but watch your head. Shared bathroom, and a shared garden which was a blessing. Tram stop nearby, all very convenient. Caution: an online service marketing this accommodation charged almost double the going rate, so did not prove to be a bargain.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mai-Liis M, Owner at Marta Guesthouse Tallinn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely words and comment about our house and people! We are so happy to read, that you liked the staff, good vibe in the house and especially also in the garden!

Not all rooms have lower ceilings, but some attic rooms do! They are our special rooms also due to the fact: as this is different, a kind of going back in time, to enter into an artist chambre.

Warm welcome again!!