“Small portions, BIG prices. Not recommended!”
Review of Tsunft

Tsunft
Reserve a table
Ranked #1,014 of 1,280 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$1 - US$17
Neighbourhood: Tatari multispinosus
Description: We welcome you to Tsunft! A place built around taste. Our hearts beat to simple food, and all so good food. Tsunft is breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bread starter rules in the Bakery. Nature herself riots in the Wine Cellar. And a creative bow to all farmers and growers - this is what our Restaurant is crafted from. The first bite, the first sip. Pure happiness. This is what we believe in.
Reviewed 1 August 2022 via mobile

This place seemed very interesting, but proved to be quite a disappointment. We booked a table for 10 for later the same evening.. We were told that it was quite late, and that we woldn't be able to order from the entire menu. There would be some dishes that they would not have all the ingredients for. However they would do their very best to accomodate us, and prepare meals slightly different than on the menu. We thought that sounded very promising, and decided to go.

We all regretted that decision. The meals were VERY small, and especially for that price. For example €28 for the steak which was maybe 100-110 grams, and a few small potatoes with even fewer vegetables. We ordered 4 of those, which was all they had. It is by far the most expensive restaurant we have been to during our week in Tallin (vacation). We actually suspect that they only had 2 steaks, but divided them into 4. They also charged €2 for 2 slices of bread, which I also think is quite expensive.

We thought all the dishes were small, except the sandwiches - they gave more value for the money.

On the plus side I can say that the food tasted really good, but that doesnt weigh up for the prices.

On the negative side, the waiter said the steak was quite big, so it could easily be shared by my 2 children (14 and 16). Luckily my daughter chose something different, because my son was still hungry after eating the steak by himself. Also, the other waiter failed to open our wine bottle properly, so we got cork in the wine. In addition he couldn't pour properly, so he spilled a few drops on the table beside every glass. It all seemed quite improfessional.

We actually went by the grocery on our way home, to buy some food to eat at home, since we were still hungry.

Summary. The food tastes good, but the portions are way too small, especially at those prices. I feel ripped off. I can not recommend this restaurant. Also I don't agree with the pricing category Tripadvisor has for this restaurant, it is way more expensive than that.

Date of visit: July 2022
Write a reviewReviews (3)
Reviewed 30 July 2022 via mobile

We called to book a table for ten at the restaurant. They said it was ok and we went off for a visit. Then they called back and said that they don’t have enough food for ten persons. We then set off for another restaurant. On our way they called us back and said that they have enough food but maybe not ten of each type but definately enough to have us there. Since they were very welcoming on the phone we decided to gove it a visit anyway.

As we arrived the waiters tried to explain what they have and don’t have. They presented is as maincourses and enough food. But suddely they didn’t have some of the food anyway.

We ordered a bottle of wine and som softdrinks for the kids. It took nearly 35 minutes before the drinks came. The waiter couldn’t even open the wine bottle properly and destepyed the cork so my wine was with cork so I had to pick them out. Then he spillef wine while pouring.

After one hour the food came. The trout that some of us orderes was only some pieces and wasn’t enough as maincourse and the beef we ordered was a half beef each (entrecôte) approximately 100 gram and was not enough as a maindish. 28€ for 100 gram entrecôte in Tallinn is very overpriced.

The taste is good, but the bad service and value for the money makes this restaurant a restaurant I won’t go back for.

Date of visit: July 2022