Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 26/05/22
eDreamsUS$42
Agoda.comUS$42
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2018

A really simple hostel, the reception knew some English and Russian, the first impression was sketchy but the rooms were rather freshly renovated, we got a double room, it had a small TV with cable and nice bathroom. The fridge was just outside the room and it was shared with the neighboring room. Since we only stayed the night after the concert, this was a perfect fit. There are several shopping mall nearby and also you can take the bus towards the center.

Room tip: Rooms with a window on entrance side has the morning sun, harder to sleep in summer.
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 2 January 2015

Rooms were good size, but smelled of smoke. Wifi was available, but reception was spotty. Best Wifi was in the hall or in the lobby. Close to the bus line, 30 minute ride to old town. Breakfast was very good, Laundry was available for 7 euro. (wash, dry and fold) Stayed 3 nights.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here for a week and considering how cheap it was, you get what you pay for. However, the hostel does not enforce their no smoking policy as there was a clear smell of smoke from the room next to us but nothing was done about it. I was woken up a lot by the loud noise of people talking/laughing/banging in rooms opposite and there was no way that the receptionist could not hear it but again nothing was done about it. I don't recommend paying extra for their transfer service because a taxi from the airport is much cheaper.

The towels provided had a funny smell to them which I cannot describe but it's not pleasant. The hostel had the same smell too but because I was there for a week I gradually stopped noticing it. The wooden floor wasn't as clean as it should be and the rug needed a clean too as there was fur on it.

The shower/bath and toilet are separate rooms which is very handy considering that you could need the toilet while someone is showering but the room where the toilet is was very small and I barely fit in it. You had to either use the sink in the shower room next door or in your own room in order to wash your hands which I didn't like so much because I don't like the idea of touching door handles with dirty hands. The shower was fine but one morning they must have had trouble with the hot water because the water was so cold it was almost painful to wash my hair.

The room itself was lovely and looked nothing like the pictures provided, it's a shame that the hostel hasn't taken the time to update their website and pictures. It was bright and spacious and I really liked it, despite the area looking rather 'rough' and at times I didn't feel all that safe. There is a supermarket nearby which takes around 5 minutes to get to so that was very convenient, there was also a shopping centre with a fast food restaurant 5 minutes more down the road.

The receptionists were friendly and had a good level of English which I understood clearly, which is always a plus. However, they really need to teach their cleaners how to smile because if looks could kill I wouldn't be typing this right now...

I would go again despite everything because it's within my tight budget as a student (I paid around £170 for a week including the fees and charges from my bank) and plan to again next year.

Date of stay: August 2013
1  Thank Srhh94
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night only as part of a large group.

Booked online and took proof but was told there was no record of our reservation. Took over half an hour arguing to check in! Turns out they were trying to get more money out of us.

Beds ok as are rooms for the price, but rooms stink of cigarettes, toilet is so small your knees touch the door and the bedding is paper thin.

Location ok as there's a direct bus into Tallinn's old town taking about 25 mins.

Ok for a night only to get a flight home the next day but nothing more!

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank ycnex
Reviewed 23 June 2009

We spent one night in Mahtra at August 2008. Double room cost only 400 eek/night (about 25 euro). This hostel is located in Lasnamäe district, about 6 kilometers from Tallinna heart. From the Tallinn Centrum the buss number 35 goes for Mahtra Hostel.

In our room was own kitchen, where were microwave, fridge, small table, two chairs. electric water boiler and TV. That's much compared with the low room price.

The bathroom and WC was shared with two other rooms. Water from the shower flowed with bad pressure.

Date of stay: August 2008