“Absolutely Amazing!”

Reserve a table
Ranked #4 of 1,271 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Reviewed 16 December 2021

My wife and I walked in on a Friday night without a booking and the lovely receptionist said "if you're not in a hurry, I can make space for you, but things are going a bit slow tonight as it's just me and the chef." As we had no other plans for the evening and were in no rush to walk around in the cold, this sounded fine with us. Long story short, the food and ambience were exceptional, and the service (even though short-staffed) was better than we've experienced at Michelin star restaurants. How could this be? I expressed to our waitress how appreciative we were that she made space for us and for her service and the quality of the food, and both she and the chef hand-wrote thank you notes to us with our bill.

Speaking of the bill, we each had a starter and a main and shared a dessert and a bottle of wine, and the total was only 96 EUR.

I highly recommend this restaurant to others.

TOP TIP: Make a booking as the restaurant is quite small and could be difficult to get a table at otherwise.

1  Thank Brian T
Write a reviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 4 December 2021

Had a great diner with my dad. Friendly staff, quality food and a cosy environment. Highly recommend this place!

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 29 November 2021

Tried booking a table at the "original" big sister restaurant around the corner but it was full all week during my visit. Also this little sister restaurant was full all weekend but had tables available Thursday. Great service, beautiful food. Go for the blueberry soup for dessert. Recommended.

1  Thank Taxi-Tino
Reviewed 27 November 2021 via mobile

Nice visit after a few years visit before covid. Nice athmostphere and kindly service. So good food, elk is still my favorite and childrens pasta and also salmon is just best ad You can wait for! Prices has been increases a bit, but it's worth for it. Covid passport with id wiöl be needed. Peacefull place, but still in the city center! A little bit wait for food but it's still worth for it! Enjoy!

Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

Unusually, for one of my reviews, I'm going to be very specific and detailed.
This is for the attention of the person I believe to be the owner of this restaurant and another I visited over the weekend. Both were superb for different reasons.
Rain Tunger, I am writing to tell you that you have a wonderful young woman working at this restaurant. Her name, from my receipt, is Birgit and she was covering front of house AND serving in a fully booked restaurant on 22/10/2021 almost without anybody else helping. I had a table booked for 7.30pm.
She dealt with everyone entering the, already fully booked restaurant with courtesy and a smile, never seeming overwhelmed.
For the customers already in the restaurant, she presented them with their food, informing everyone what went into the preparation and the ingredients used. Despite sometimes needing to walk rapidly between tables she made everyone comfortable and valued (at least I felt that way). She always had a smile despite what must have been an exhausting evening.
As the evening drew to a close, she was assisted by a young man, but he wasn't there at the peak of the service she gave.
Add to the outstanding service, the wonderfully prepared food and this restaurant might just be the perfect place for any evening...of course, I then ate at Rataskaevu 16 Restoran where I discovered similar dedication to service and food. The waiting staff there told me that it's like family.
I know that it's not only about the service. If the food isn't up to standard, it doesn't matter. Your food though is pretty damn perfect too.
I'll write a separate review on Rataskaevu, but Birgit is a gem...keep hold of her.

Date of visit: October 2021