“Peacefull and easy restaurant for everybody”

Vaike Rataskaevu 16
Reserve a table
Ranked #4 of 1,271 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Reviewed 27 November 2021 via mobile

Nice visit after a few years visit before covid. Nice athmostphere and kindly service. So good food, elk is still my favorite and childrens pasta and also salmon is just best ad You can wait for! Prices has been increases a bit, but it's worth for it. Covid passport with id wiöl be needed. Peacefull place, but still in the city center! A little bit wait for food but it's still worth for it! Enjoy!

Date of visit: November 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

Unusually, for one of my reviews, I'm going to be very specific and detailed.
This is for the attention of the person I believe to be the owner of this restaurant and another I visited over the weekend. Both were superb for different reasons.
Rain Tunger, I am writing to tell you that you have a wonderful young woman working at this restaurant. Her name, from my receipt, is Birgit and she was covering front of house AND serving in a fully booked restaurant on 22/10/2021 almost without anybody else helping. I had a table booked for 7.30pm.
She dealt with everyone entering the, already fully booked restaurant with courtesy and a smile, never seeming overwhelmed.
For the customers already in the restaurant, she presented them with their food, informing everyone what went into the preparation and the ingredients used. Despite sometimes needing to walk rapidly between tables she made everyone comfortable and valued (at least I felt that way). She always had a smile despite what must have been an exhausting evening.
As the evening drew to a close, she was assisted by a young man, but he wasn't there at the peak of the service she gave.
Add to the outstanding service, the wonderfully prepared food and this restaurant might just be the perfect place for any evening...of course, I then ate at Rataskaevu 16 Restoran where I discovered similar dedication to service and food. The waiting staff there told me that it's like family.
I know that it's not only about the service. If the food isn't up to standard, it doesn't matter. Your food though is pretty damn perfect too.
I'll write a separate review on Rataskaevu, but Birgit is a gem...keep hold of her.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 2 October 2021 via mobile

Excellent service with nice personal notes during the course. All three dishes were good. Excellent location opposite the Niguliste church.

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

5 stars for food quality and service. However it took 1 hour and 30 minutes for the main course. But the time flew by and it didn’t influence the experience!

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

If you want really good food, super friendly staff, nice and calm atmosphere then this is for you. I recommend that you eat a three course dinner so good was the food. If you want dessert I recommend the chocolate cake.

Date of visit: July 2021