“Good fine dining”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine-Dining
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We had a 6-course degustation menu dinner with my fiance in this restaurant. Overall it was a good experience and we liked it, but we paid a big attention to details as well, which was not considerded. Firstly, in my online table reservation was mentioned that we will have a romantic dinner and we would like to have the best table. During our arrival to the restaurant waiter merely said that we can choose whatever table and no one took care of our wish. The service was ok during the dinner, but sometimes we felt lack of attention, because waitress had a lot of work, even if there were enough free waiters to help her. Moreover, no one said goodbye to us, when we were leaving the restaurant. Secondly, food was good and we enjoyed it, especially roasted venison tenderloin and sweetbreads with quince. Very nice! However, duo of lobster and quail was disappointing and dessert with vacherin was too simple for our point of view. The restaurant is very beautiful by itself. I can recommend this restaurant for fine dining, but I hope that there will be more attention to details.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We tried the 6 course taster menu which includes a different wine with each course. The setting the outside garden was perfect and the service superb. The beef was meant to be cooked with Foie Gras, but we asked that this was excluded. The waitress introduced each course and its wine with great expertise and this made the evening even more enjoyable. The meal for 2 wasn't cheap at 300€, but it was VERY good.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Very tasty flavors and excellent presentation. I don’t know if all the time I ate there it was the same Chef, but he or she is very good. The staff servicing the guests are also excellent. Got to interact with Kristin, Viro, Anastasia and another lady that I missed her name, and they were all wonderful. It was my best restaurant in Tallinn. The restaurant outside garden is also very relaxing, like a sanctuary a few meters away from the tourist crowded old town. Very recommended.

2  Thank RabieRafia
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Had dinner earlier this month at this restaurant. Everything was superb with Russian dumblings and artichoke for starters and roasted Sturgeon, roasted Cod and roasted Venison for mains. We had pavlova and chocolate caramel mousse for dessert and also an excellent bottle of wine. Anna, our server was very attentive and knowledgeable explaining every dish when we received it. A great dining experience.

1  Thank gourmetmike746
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I have a tradition. Every time I’m in Tallinn i visite hotel Telegraaf and have a certain drink in their bar with my friends. I have stayed a few times as their hotel guest as well, but that’s a few years ago. This tradition has been nice and my friends have loved it, too. Today, the 17th July we went there again to have this certain drink. There were no clients in the bar, nobody said hello (tere) to us, although there were several workers in the bar. We waited for 15 minutes and nobody came to us to ask what we would like to have. So, this tradition came to an end, also my plan to use Hotel Telegraaf when I will have my anniversary in Tallinn soon. How is it possible that a 5 star hotel has a bar where there are no clients and no service? What’s happened?