Review Highlights
Just very fine museum of handicraft !

Reviewed 30 September 2017
Oleg Y
Belgrade, Serbia
one of the kind in the all world

Reviewed 8 April 2017
merike2017
Haapsalu, Estonia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Haapsalu
from US$94.59
from US$267.66
from US$96.74
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Surprise after surprise we were getting at in the magic Haapsalu Town and one of them was this amazing Haapsalu Shawl Museum.
It is located in Ehte street, just above the region of Haapsalu Episcopial Castle. Actually, this museum is settled in a jewellery workshop, with a permanent exhibition on the past and present of the Haapsalu shawl, that shows to the visitors the very fine patterns of shawls and generally, the art of knitting handicraft.
Also is possible to buy one of the masterpieces for yourself.
We were very glad to see such nice exhibition.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Oleg Y
Reviewed 8 April 2017

What a beautiful and delicate handcraft, made by local handicraftsmen. It is as good to look at and to buy. Prices are quite high they are worth it.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank merike2017
Reviewed 17 August 2016

My wife found this to be a very interesting place with all the handicraft you could find here. Nice exhibition.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank jechstra
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I had been looking for this location already during my earlier visits and this time I asked the tourist information where this museum is located since the TA places this museum to Ehte tn 4. I got the right address, Posti 25 and the nice lady in tourist information showed me an example of this traditional handicraft and it was so delicate and light, made of wool but so lightweight you cannot understand.

With the right address I found this shop and exhibition room, entrance fee 1.50 EUR to exhibition, shop with free entrance. Smaller items starting from 20 EUR and shawls starting from 44 EUR (year 2016). And the smaller shawls were so lovely, I wish I could have bought one.

Date of experience: July 2016
5  Thank vivianl70
Reviewed 14 November 2015

These shawls are really amazing, especially the old designs. Next time I am definitely going to buy one.

Date of experience: August 2015