Review Highlights
Just very fine museum of handicraft !

Surprise after surprise we were getting at in the magic Haapsalu Town and one of them was this... read more

Reviewed 30 September 2017
Oleg Y
Belgrade, Serbia
Interesting place

My wife found this to be a very interesting place with all the handicraft you could find here. Nice... read more

Reviewed 17 August 2016
jechstra
Halden Municipality, Norway

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Haapsalu
from US$94.59
from US$267.66
from US$96.74
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2016

My wife found this to be a very interesting place with all the handicraft you could find here. Nice exhibition.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank jechstra
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I had been looking for this location already during my earlier visits and this time I asked the tourist information where this museum is located since the TA places this museum to Ehte tn 4. I got the right address, Posti 25 and the nice lady in tourist information showed me an example of this traditional handicraft and it was so delicate and light, made of wool but so lightweight you cannot understand.

With the right address I found this shop and exhibition room, entrance fee 1.50 EUR to exhibition, shop with free entrance. Smaller items starting from 20 EUR and shawls starting from 44 EUR (year 2016). And the smaller shawls were so lovely, I wish I could have bought one.

Date of experience: July 2016
5  Thank vivianl70
Reviewed 14 November 2015

These shawls are really amazing, especially the old designs. Next time I am definitely going to buy one.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Kaikaljo
Reviewed 19 August 2015

The ladies who are doing the knitting will most probably be there waiting for the visitors and ready to show how these wonderful pieces of art are done. They are representing traditional craft that runs in the families for centuries. The works are really sophisticated and amazing.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Lyudmila771
Reviewed 23 May 2015

You will probably meet some of the ladies who made the items for sale in the shop or founded the society which passes down the tradition in the local school. They take great pride, rightfully so, in their work. Lace patterns are also pressed into local pottery to make jewellery, plates and various items. It is only 1.50 Euro to visit, don't miss it!

Date of experience: May 2015