“Fast food”

Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Lithuanian dumplings and pancakes
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

This is fast food. Decent, but not among top 20 places to eat in Vilnius. But if you are in the run AND love a lical version of ravioli - you can do much worse than eating gere.

3  Thank KingPapillon

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We found the listing in a Vilnius city guide and it seemed perfect. What we didn't read were the hours, so when we walked over for dinner, it was closed. We read the sign posted at the door and realized they did most of their trade at lunchtime. No problem! We came back the next day and had a fabulous plate of potato-stuffed koldunai slathered with fantastic Lithuanian sour cream, washed down with red wine and glasses of kvass (a bubble delight brewed from rye bread.) I started with a "vegetable salad" which was greens, radishes, cucumber and sesame seeds in a balsamic reduction. Cold, crisp, perfect. My husband ordered saltibarscai, fucshia-pink cold beet soup, and it was darned near as good as he makes.

We don't understand the ins-and-outs of liquor licenses in Lithuania, but Koldunine serves wine and spirits but not beer. Didn't matter. Try the kvass!

The restaurant feels like a country cafe, quiet, the kind of place that only locals know about despite the fact it was just off the main square in Old Town. Since we got home I have been trying to figure out the secret of kuldunai dough. Haven't quite gotten to that perfect, tender dumpling yet, but I plan to keep working at it.

See their page on Facebook.

4  Thank lnwyd
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I liked the interior and location is very good. BUT! dumplings were overcooked (we took 3 different sorts, and all were too soft and swimming in water). Soups were ok. so its far from "excellent" or even "very good" place to eat.

1  Thank ooLaura
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I think the reviews for this place are a little suspect they are all from people with just 1 review and they all rave about the place now it is a nice clean place on a scruffy street it is not a resturant but a cafe you order at the counter and nice girls bring you the food which is fine but nothing exceptional it must be the only place in vilnius that does not sell beer however it does sell wines and spirts the dumplings by the way are like large ravioli quite soft like the ones from cans I don't know if this is what they are meant to be as I have never had them before but they are fine if you like that sort of thing there is no reason not to go to this place but also no reason to make a specal trip I was the only person in there so its local popuarity is also in question

3  Thank alan252
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is a great place to try dumplings. Great food and good service. Looking forward to going back the next time I`m in Vilnius:)

2  Thank Martin_OB78