“A warm welcome in Vilnius”
Review of Narutis Hotel

Narutis Hotel
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Vilnius
Victoria, Australia
“A warm welcome in Vilnius”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The Narutis is a charming hotel in an very old building which has been nicely renovated. It is located in the centre of Vilnius but still on a quiet street. It is very nicely furnished with a charming dining room where we had an excellent dinner. Breakfast is good and is served in the atmospheric cellar. The staff speak good English and arefriendly and welcoming. We stayed several nights and were very comfortable there. The hotel has a pleasant street-side terrace which serves good lunches and is a nice place for a drink before dinner.

Room Tip: On our first stay we had a huge room with lounge and mezzanine bedroom. The second time we were give...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darlene3501

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minsk, Belarus
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at the hotel for one day and I had an early flight next day. As I registered they were efficient enough to plan my transit to the airport. Before I even asked, they gave me a time for my wake up call, they arranged breakfast outside of their normal hours to be brought to my room and they arranged a private driver to take me to the airport. The driver service was a bit expensive. IT is 5X cheaper to take a taxi. But they were outstanding.
Airport Shuttle is very expensive. $29 Euros ($100 litas) when a regular taxi is $20 litas. Their shuttle is just a regular 5 passenger car and taxis in Vilnius are actually better then their shuttle for 1/5 of the price. I only got one set of towels when every hotel gives you 2 sets. No shower curtains, just a little glass. Bathroom floods when you shower.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Ideal location, right in the main street of the Old Town. All historical sites are in easy walking distance. Staff speak good English and are helpful and friendly. Rooms are comfortable and beautifully furnished. An added touch is the chocolate on the pillow and a tiny bit of paper on the side table with the weather forecast for the next 5 days. The only drawback is the in-house restaurant is very expensive even allowing for a 15% discount for hotel guests. There are many cheaper eateries right outside the door. We stayed here in 2005 and again in May 2011. Wouldn't think of staying anywhere else while in Vilnius.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main street are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The standard of double rooms are good,some of them are very nice,as 5 star,but the single rooms are not good for the price they are charging,they should be considerd as a max.of 4 star level ,and the price should not exceed that 79 Euros per night. The dinning room is very special and breakfast is good,and the style is very special

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rafalsionkowski
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The good: nice location, historic feel. The bad: as per the other reviews, this is not 5 star, I don't know why they list it as such. I am not a super picky person and was perfectly ok with this hotel (got a lot of great exercise taking the stairs which is much faster than the molasses speed elevator) until the night before our departure we asked for a late checkout of just an hour and a half (checkout was at noon, we wanted to leave at 1h30) and first my husband and I were told that it is not possible as they have someone else coming to that room. When we asked again in the morning we were told that it might be possible but that we would have to pay 60 euro!!

I was not against having to pay something for the late checkout but 60 euro is completely unreasonable and robbery. It ended up causing a fight between me and my husband as he will pay anything not to be bothered and I will argue on principle rather than be ripped off. It took 20 more minutes of talking to the management before they agreed to let us check out late for 30 euro and that was only because I said I would be writing a terrible review about the hotel online. Ultimately, they charged us 20 euro. If they would have said 20 euro in the first place, which is a reasonable number, I would have agreed without argument and the whole bad situation could have been avoided. There is nothing I hate more than poor management and customer service such as this. We even payed extra and used their hotel car service to and from the airport and they still wanted to rip us off. Also, you have to pay extra to use the TV!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple