“Superb”

Price range: US$14 - US$46
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant serves traditional Lithuanian and Eastern European cuisines. In the Stora Antis dined ELO,Eath,Wind&Fire,Mireille Mathieu,Toto Cutugno,Smokie,Tower of Power,Eric Marienthal(Chick Corea Elektric Band),Incognito,Mezzoforte,Candy Dulfer and almost all the stars of Lithuanian music,theater and cinema.
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The food is extremely delicious, the service is brilliant, the atmosphere is magnificent. We ordered fish soup, salad with shrimps, local dish "Zeppelins", and "Catch of the day". All the products were fresh and the dishes had the warmth of home-made food.
Moreover, the owner is awesome.
We'll definitely come back.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I cannot say how much I appreciated the owner and his hospitality. We made reservations and we were an hour late, but he was nice enough to seat us anyway. The food was amazing. The duck soup and the dumplings were to die for. It was like grandma was in the back making the food. The setting was amazing and the owner even gave us after dinner drinks on the house. I cannot stress enough how much we enjoyed this dinner.

If I ever find myself in Klaipeda again, I will go here without hesitation!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My wife, a friend and I had a dinner at Stora Antis last week. Of the many restaurants we visited on our Baltic Sea cruise, this was the best. The food is authentically Lithuanian, and every single meal was delicious. The soups--we sampled four--were absolutely delicious. If it's the warm season, I would recommend the cold borscht. I don't care much for beets, but I loved this soup (it has more of a cucumber flavor than a beet flavor). If you're hungry, try a "Zeppelin." It's a meatball wrapped in a potato dumpling dough. (Not for light eaters). As a main course, I had a pork steak with boletus (mushroom) sauce. Highly recommended.

In addition to the great food, the setting is beautiful. The owner, whose name i didn't get, was charming, and the service was excellent. To top it all off, I later emailed the restaurant asking for the ingredients of the boletus sauce. They emailed me the entire recipe.

This was the best meal of our trip. I highly recommend it. Just make sure you come hungry!

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful experience! We chose this restaurant based on Trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The owner went out of his way to make us feel welcome and checked on us continually. We didn't have reservation and ate outside in our own private enclosed table. Dumplings were outstanding. Prepared fresh! Owner brought us complimentary shot of vodka since he was completely booked and couldn't accommodate us indoors.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is cosy with a fantastic enviorement, friendly staff, good service and a great cook. So a 10+ worth visiting! A pearl in this city...