“A great inexpensive place for Lithuanian Food”

Lietuviski Patiekalai
Ranked #106 of 323 Restaurants in Kaunas
Reviewed 18 January 2017

So, when in Lithuania, I'm always on the lookout for a place like this: Lithuanian food, as close to home-cooked as you can get, reasonably priced, and generally I want to be in and out and not sit for two hours.

This is a cafeteria-style restaurant. Take a tray, pick out your food, and take a seat. I had the blynai and was impressed. Good food at a very reasonable price.

Keep in mind that this isn't gourmet-style Lithuanian food. There isn't much effort on presentation; it *is* a buffets so the food is not cooked to order. At their prices and variety, I could easily eat there a few times a week when on the road.

(Thanks to my cousin Rūta for showing me this place!)

1  Thank RimantasG

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Expensive and not unique meals. I had potatoe pancakes, but it was made from some substance from package not from potatoes. My wife had another meal VEDARAI it was full of fat and not tasty. If you want to have real homemade Lithuanian meal this restaurant is not the best choice. Choose BERNELIU UZEIGA.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I had a lunch here. I got a large amount of food for reletively cheap price. The restaurant is situated in very nice location and there are tables outside. Moreover, there is 10 percent discount for students. I have only one complaint. The drink "Duonos gira" is very delicious but the glass is so small for the price of 1.70LTL. But I will come back here!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Well, normally I don't eat in restaurants which have a few people in, however is was midweek. I been told the food was local Lithuanian food, looked at the menu, English text which was helpful, but asked for a recommendation both on the food and the beer.

Both were excellent, large amounts of food, just managed to eat it all. The service was very good and friendly.

1  Thank Pjaway
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Came in late as the only guests to the place. Staff were still very effective, and food came moderately fast.
The menu card offers a good variety of Lithuanian food, and there are English translations on the card.
Food quality very high, and the portions were big to huge.
The offerings are based on Lithuanian food, so you can't find burgers or pizzas at this place.
The decor is a litlle funny, looking more like an American Diner, but it is all but that.
No complaints about anything. I'd definately recommend trying out this place.

1  Thank Tomitronic