“Great Restaruant Great Service”
Review of BerneliU Uzeiga

BerneliU Uzeiga
Ranked #13 of 338 Restaurants in Kaunas
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Located in the Akropolis Shopping Centre in Kaunas we were attracted to this restaurant by the menu which showed many traditional Lithuanian dishes, we were not disappointed, set on 2 floors overlooking the malls my partner started with the Beetroot soup served with a side order of boiled potatoes followed by the stuffed cabbage stuffed with rice and minced pork, for myself I chose the "soup in a loaf", (served in a rye bread loaf) followed by the Schnitzel and an Ice Cream sundae, all the food was perfect, hot and delicious.

Service was prompt and efficient with a waitress whose English was limited (nothing wrong with that) but who sought advice from another waitress whose English was excellent, neither waitress seemed fazed by my inability to speak their language.

Prices were reasonable considering it is in the expensive shopping mall and with multiple drink we paid 30euros for the whole meal.

The restaurant is wheelchair accessible on it's first floor but I would not say easy to access.

1  Thank JednSasha

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We waited for our food over one hour, and then we were told it would take minimum another 30 minutes. We then decided to leave and asked for the check. But after another 10 minutes we were done with waiting, so we left. I see alot of great reviews for this restaurant, but something went really wrong this time.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We went there with my boyfriend to try real lithuanian food because my boyfriend is fron Spain. For started we took sup and it was ok, for main dish i took cepelinas ( traditional lithuanian food) and it was really bad, it didn't taste fresh. Then my boyfriend order a chiken breast and got a pork meat. Waitress picked up the dish and said that for the chiken it needs 20min. After about 25 we got the chiken, after he started to eat it was 10pm and we got a bill, music off and all clients started to leave from the restaurant. The chiken was deep fried and not grill as it was writte in the menu, with a very sweet taste from oil.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

In an old wooden house on a side street in the old town we were taken by local friends. Excellent food and service. 10 of us and all were pleased with their meals.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Winky01
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We thought this would be an nice place. It's cozy and looks really nice. But the food and service was no good. We ordered fish with potatoes. The fish were good and the potatoes cold. But the worst was the sparkling wine. It wasn't cooled at all. We asked why and they told us that they forgot to cool it. But they bringed son ice cubes - but we have to pay the full prize. The place are sheap and so are the food, drinks and service too.

Date of visit: July 2017