Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
eDreams
Agoda.com
US$115
View deal
Priceline
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

The restaurant looks nice and is not bad, but the quality and variety of food is only average. Toilets are disaster doasnt make sense to talk about - if you find them ! The food is ok but nothing special. Expect long waiting time and not very friendly waiters who seems to be there not for the guests but only for the salary. Maybe I was there only at wrong day :(. High level review its ok but not more than average.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank W946PUpeters
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I travelled with my mother to High Tatras for a 3-night stay. Nice room, veeeery nice bathroom (up-dated), big sunny balcony. Appropriate breakfast for a 3 star hotel. Restaurant with reasonable prices. I also visited the sauna world, 6 different types of sauna and a nice quiet relaxation area. The pool area - not ideal. Staff - not ideal, but ok. All in all - good value for money. We extremely appreciated the in-house supermarket. Hotel is ideally located, so that also my mother, who is over 80, was able to go for a walk around the mountain lakes at Strbske Pleso and also to walk comfortable to the rail-way station.

Room tip: ask for the south-oriented rooms
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Hotel has a good location, only few steps from rail station and in the centre of Strbske Pleso. It has own parking house, ski room with lockable boxes, free ski-bus, nice big SPA with swimming pools and various saunas and stylish restaurant with traditional Slovak decore. Rooms are large, partly renovated. Food is good.

This is a big hotel, visited with families with children, so if you are looking for quiet, find something else.

Personnel is mostly diligent but lacking of professionalism. Only one member of staff wore name tag, bartender Dusan. Others were (better) anonymous. This is unacceptable and also against the law. They do not greet guest by entering to the restaurant, coming to the reception desk or meeting in corridors of the hotel. No one did it during our 5 days stay. They do not even give you priority in walking. Waiters are not able to remember your order, face or what you have to pay for sometimes - they even tell you it :) There are nice members also, I would tag them concretely, but all staff is anonymous as I mentioned above.

Food is fine and with good variety. There is bufe during the whole day also for no-accommodated guests. Dishes was not always clean, so be careful.

Restaurant with bar is very nice, there are two fireplaces, a lot of traditional Slovak decore, fur-lined seats. Again staff - they let the tables uncleansed until new guest sit.

Room are big enough, what is plus when you have a winter holidays. There is a rough carpet, clean, but smelling from carpet cleaner. I thing that the little smell was from it. Room was clean but stood untouched during our 5 day stay. They only put fresh towels on the bed (sometimes only one towel instead of two).

There is no hairdryer, refrigerator, safe, teapot in the rooms - it should be a standard in 3* hotel.

My suggestion: I think that hotel with this capacity would better care about the clients also to give them some program every evening. It would be easy coverable by increasing of turnover in the bar by this number of clients. Now there is no animation program, nothing, just the bar. We spent there the New Year's Eve Party and it was pretty boring. Only some local wedding band, no Dj, no program, no tombola, no MC... nothing. It would be also a good idea to thing during the making of seating plan and look at least of guests' birthdays, if they are a young couple, family with children or a retired couple. Not just to mix people in alphabet or random order.

Prices are high, comparable to the centre of Slovak capital city, but it is expected in this location. It would be also nice to offer the expected standard of services for it.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Although I originate from Slovakia, my family and I have lived abroad for about 16 years now. We travel back home every summer, but usually stay close to family and friends and our travels are short distance. This year, however, I have decided to introduce my homeland to my children and visit High Tatras with them. We traveled across the country and due to a car accident on the road, we arrived to our destination later than anticipated. A friend of mine and her two kids we were traveling with had made a reservation for themselves at Hotel FIS in Strbske Pleso and even though without reservation, we were hoping to find a room for one night there as well. However, the personal there was very unfriendly and not accommodating at all. We were left without a room to stay and the time was getting closer to 9pm. When asked whether they could recommend any other accommodations, they gave as two numbers to call from our own mobiles, which is something I have never experienced in any other Hotel I've stayed in a past. Needless to say, one of the hotels was fully packed, however, I tried another one, which happened to be Hotel "TOLIAR" and a friendly young voice on the phone was the most kind and welcoming we could have ever hoped for. Although without reservation, a young gentleman named KAMIL GLADIS had promised to do his best to find us a room for that night. He welcomed us with a big smile and managed to move things around, so we could have a room to stay over night. Due to our delay on the road, our kids didn't get to have a proper dinner and the kitchen at Hotel TOLIAR was closing at 10pm. I've expressed our desire to eat to Mr. Gladis and he managed to help us with that as well. I was very surprised by his kindness and professionalism, especially after visiting Hotel FIS. Because of their excellent service, my kids and I have decided to stay another night. We had breakfast and dinners at their restaurant and were just as pleased with service and amazing food as well. Not only am I going to share this with my friends and you, but next time we are visiting High Tatras, I know exactly where we are staying!
THANK YOU KAMIL for all your HELP and accommodations, because of YOU my kids and I had the best time EVER in High Tatras!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gabisvec
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst on a walking holiday with friends. The hotel is centrally located, less than a two minute walk from the railway station. Check in was efficient and friendly. Room was above average size with plenty of cupboards and wardrobes. The room I was in was at the back of the hotel and still had a large balcony, however, the view was principally of the multi-storey car park. The room had a shower and toilet and a separate toilet. My only criticism would be the under floor heating which you cannot control yourself. The small separate toilet was like a sauna, that said it came in handy for drying wet walking gear and drying small items of laundry. I found the bed comfortable and slept well. Breakfast was the usual hotel buffet style, plenty of choice though not always as hot as it could be, perhaps just bad timing. The staff in the restaurant and bar were either great or abysmal, one was keen to serve and please his customers and the other made it abundantly clear that she did not want to be there and was anxious to get people out before 22.00 hours so that she could leave promptly. Ate in the restaurant twice, both occasions perfectly OK, not brilliant but not awful, simply middle of the road. A lot of dishes sold by weight, so if you have a hearty appetite increase your portion size by paying more. There is also a small supermarket on site, ideal for rations whilst out walking. Overall, given the very reasonable price, it is excellent value for money and the minor criticisms for within tolerances, you can always drink and eat elsewhere. Overall, I would go back.

Date of stay: September 2017