Hotels.com
Priceline
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We had a vary good experience in this hotel it is vary nice there the food is very good and the pepal ar very nice we will go there next time and do it as we did this time looking forwed to be thar soon

Date of stay: December 2017
SpaPiestany, Manager at Splendid Ensana Health Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2019

Dear guest,
thank you for having chosen our Spa hotel Grand Splendid for your stay.
We appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay. We are looking forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.
Your sincerely,

Jana Kohútová,
Hotel director

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I had booked a 2 week package with halfboard and treatments. If you have any mobility issues, this is not the place for you- distances between hotel and treatment areas are very far. The bathroom is also inappropriate for older people and unsafe. The treatments themselves are ok. After 4 days, i suddenly became very unwell and tried to reach reception to call me an ambulance, it took the intervention of my embassy to reach the hotel who then sent their own doctor. He noticed within 2 min he was out of his depth and called an ambulance. All in all it took 45 min. Two days into my hospital stay, the hotel informed them that they had a salmonella outbreak and i could finally be treated accordingly. I spent 9 days in hospital and i am still unwell. When my mother drove from abroad to collect my things, it took 4 members of staff to agree that she coukd a.) Enter my room b.) Would not be charged. The bill they gave her, however, included their doctor visit. My kindle has gone missing and the hotel is not responding to my emails. So not only did they mess up in the worst possible way for a "wellness" hotel but their whole conduct afterwards has been unprofessional and really just disgusting.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank inlovewithrio
SpaPiestany, General Manager at Splendid Ensana Health Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear inlovewithrio!

First and foremost thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your feedback.
The BGS hotel and our medical department is under one roof, but some distance applies. For a shorter distance between hotel rooms and medical department we have Hotel Pro Patria in offer.
On 30.07.2018 in the evening our hotel reception received phone call from outside that you are not feeling well and that you need help. Our doctor on duty was informed right away, checked your medical file receiving info about your pre-sickness and together with a nurse he visited you in your room. Entering your room they found you on laying on the floor. After doing a check-up the doctor contacted the emergancy line 115 and the ambulance arrived to take you to the hospital. Upon various tests in the hospital it was found out that you are infected with Salmonella and the hospital informed us about this.
On 03.08.2018 your mother arrived and after contacting management, reception gave her the key to the room and the room charge was waived. The charge for the ambulance remained because it is an outside contractor charge.
There is no evidence about a kindle in your room and we could not find any. We are sorry that the e-mail request about this issue has not been answered.

We regret very much the outcome of your stay but we still need to mention, that all food samples from our kitchen tested by the State Hygene Institute proved negative. Nevertheless we had cases of Salmonella infection in our hotel.

We wish you good recovery and all the best.

Christian Schoepf, General manager

Reviewed 10 June 2018

we went with friends and family and we all loved it. The Palace hotel is just above the spa treatment area, and the treatments are great. You go to see a doctor upon you arrival and you get a treatment plan according to your personal needs. I am healthy and went for the fun and loved it. You can take short trips to old towns in the vicinity, catch an opera in Bratislava and just enjoy life. Yona S.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2017

we were 7 days and receive 24 different treatement according with the doctor recomandation.the staff is kind, professional, helpfull and verry efficient. the spa is verry clean, nice and comfortable.the rooms are also nice and clean.the location is perfect.
it was our first visit and we will come more/

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emy M
SpaPiestany, Manager at Splendid Ensana Health Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Guests,

thank you for having chosen our Balnea Grand Splendid for your stay. I appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to review our hotel after your stay.
My team and I look forward to your next visit and until then we wish you good health.
Your sincerely
Peter Mičuda
Hotel Director
SPA Balnea Splendid

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

My relatives visit this hotel for the second year in a row. Rooms are comfortable and nice. They were lucky to get room with a view on mountains and swimming pool. There is a good renovated spa building merged with the hotel building. A wide choice of spa procedures. Several spots with mineral water and modern gym with joga and pilates. Very nice and friendly staff. Food is average but good enough. Parents are very happy and asked me to write this review.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
SpaPiestany, Manager at Splendid Ensana Health Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Guests,