Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2019

Great location with free parking, cozy rooms and homey, familiar atmosphere. Food is not so delicious, just average. But I really recommend this place with massage and sauna, which is very helpful after hiking. :)

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2019

After I have made my reservation, I sent an email asking to send me again the cancellation policy. According to the answer I could have cancel without penalty. Nonetheless, when I eventually cancelled, the owner refused to refund me more than 300 euro which are 30% of the amount I’ve already transferred, as the owner requested in advance. When I confronted her by phone about the cancellation policy which I received, the owner blamed one of her employees and refused to take responsibility for her mistake.
I've never been requested to transfer half of the reservation cost in advance.
This behavior is outrageous!
Take care from Villa siesta!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank suzanakadmon
VillaSiestaSK, General Manager at Villa Siesta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

Dear Mrs. Suzana Kadmon,

Thank you for your review. Let me clarify. Your reservation was made as group reservation with group prices and cancelation condition for group. You get cancelation condition for group with your calculation on 5th May 2019, before you paid deposit. Unfortunately you decided to cancel all group.
Because you asked for a group prices you get cancelation for group and refund of deposit was according cancelation condition for group, like it was mentioned before.
The fact you contacted our receptionist, not a manager you communicate before, and you did not mentioned about cancelation condition for group, just cancelation condition for individual guest - which is less strict, made confusion.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2019

The hotel is very clean, the staff of the hotel is very friendly and helpful. Ideal for families with children. The family room for 5-6 is excellent.
The location is great, On walking distance to Stary Smokovec and 15 km from Strbske Pleso. Local traditional food is served. Breakfast is good.
Family from Antwerp, Belgium

Room tip: ideal for families
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mr. Christophe,

Thank you very much for a nice review.

Katarina, Directress of the hotel

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is a very friendly, well located hotel just a few mins walk from the Tatry tram stop which allows access to all the skiing and other activities.
The rooms are clean, warm and well maintained with the hotel offering a "set menu" option most days and I'd recommend it as excellent value for money (the a-la-carte is excellent also!) - As is the lovely draft beer at the end of a long day skiing etc.
The hotel is used by school groups which can be very noisy up to about 9pm which doesn't matter for sleeping during the night but you certainly won't managed a quick "nap" between the slopes and dinner.

However, my recommendation to make this hotel "excellent" would be to provide a few English TV channels for when the weather is bad/early nights etc.

However, I am already thinking of returning again.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jay3449
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We visited Villa Siesta Restaurant to get some nice Slovakian Food... and it was really nice we enjoyed onion soup and pierogy with sheep cheese (brindza) which is classical Slovakian food and we get Plzeň beer which is probably best Czech beer. They have very nice place for kids to play during visit. Waitress was nice and kind. We would definitely suggest this place to have a nice break. Food and drinks for 4 costed 31 euro.

Date of stay: December 2016