Lowest prices for your stay
US$106
US$96
Hotels.comUS$105
PricelineUS$106
TravelocityUS$105
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

First time visiting Slovakia and the Nitra area and stayed in the Mikado. The hotel isn’t central although not isolated either and a shortish walk to some of the local restaurants and other areas. The hotel is a little dated but on leaving it looks like they are starting to refresh some of the common areas. My room was a good size and all the normal things you would expect. My view was onto a cemetery and railway line. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The gym also had the main apparatus you would expect. Breakfast had a good selection and all in all an ok place for a base to stay. I would be happy to stay again if I return.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank askpackers
Anna L, General Manager at Mikado Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2019

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the Mikado whilst visiting the JLR plant in Nitra. It is a short walk to the Pedestrian Centre of town.

Rooms are comfortable, clean, although some of the decoration and carpet was a little worn and stained in the room I was in. It didn’t put me off going back though.

Restaurant is excellent, I had an evening meal in there and also breakfast. Both were very good.

1  Thank Dan N

thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

2 nights on a business trip recently and to be fair to the hotel, I spent very little time there other than to sleep and for a very quick breakfast on my first morning as I was on a very tight schedule. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. There was however no ironing board or trouser press which would have been handy. Bathrooms were clean and again well appointed. Beds were comfortable. Basically, it was a good hotel with perhaps the only thing letting it down from my perspective was the self-service breakfast (others may prefer this approach) which made this element of an otherwise seamless stay seem a little low-rent which the hotel is not. Service from the reception staff was quick, polite and efficient so all in all, my stay was good. I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for business travellers. If this review comes across as being a little... reserved... then I guess its because the hotel did everything you expect of it efficiently, but there was nothing that made me sit up and think, "Wow". It was clean, comfortable, and efficient - everything you would expect as a given from a hotel but for me personally, it lacked a little... personality. That may seem a little unfair given that there was nothing wrong, and I hasten to add there was absolutely nothing wrong with my stay at all, however it was not what I would call memorable. In the defence of the hotel, I did not get a chance to sample anywhere near all that it had to offer so I am sure that had I done so, my review, (which is a positive one) would probably be more effusive.

Room tip: Pick one which is not above the breakfast room
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Accomodation is good but if you are unlucky to have a room above the restaurant you will have music as soon as breakfast opens. Breakfast waiters poor, don’t clean tables from previous guest! Expect better for the money.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night only. Outside hotel is not really fancy. There’s a free parking lot in front of the hotel. Room was clean, you could make some instant coffee or tea by yourself. In my room at least was a bathtub. Breakfast was nice.

Date of stay: July 2018