Lowest prices for your stay
US$120
Free cancellation until 14/03/21
Booking.comUS$112
eDreamsUS$112
TravelocityUS$120
All reviews great hotel nice bar breakfast was included restaurant cnn tv meeting europe receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2019 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Everything works the way it should; check-in was fast and easy, the room spotless and comfortable. Shower is great, bed is excellent. Service in the nice bar was quick and efficient. No traffic or other noise at night. Breakfast was included and a very nice spread. In short, one if the best hotel stays in a while.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

I’m staying in this hotel often for work
Usually for one night
It’s a 4 star hotel with NO air condition so in summer I try to avoid it.

There is always some kind of small problem
The shower doesn’t work
There is no water pressure
The menu at the restaurant didn’t change for ages .....
The service at the restaurant and in breakfast is not existing
Etc....

This time I booked two nights
I left the towel on the floor after my morning shower- when I came back to the room the towel was hanged...(??) on the Reck

There are three people at the “bar”
And I always have to get up to call the waiter.

There are other better possibilities in the area - I’ll consider them before I’ll return to this “hotel”.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2019

I dont know where to start with this hotel. Ate there during my brothers graduation. The hotel was packed due to graduation of students of medical faculty, however they probably had the hotel booked for couple of months. Starter came quite fast. Main dish we had to waited for one and a half hour. We were served a bottle of pinot noir (slovak) which was terrible. We were about fifteen people drinking this wine. We gave the wine back as it wasnt any good. The server says its the best wine in Slovakia instead of saying sorry. In the 3 hours we were there the maybe came once to ask if us we wanted more wine, water etc. Terrible service . Food 2/6. Also the breakfast doesnt hold any sort of standard. I think the scrambled eggs is made out of egg powder. The same is with the mashed potatoes.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
ZuzanaFOmanager, Manažér recepcie at Hotel Turiec, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2019

Dear Mr. Andreassen,
first of all, we would like to thank you for your feedback.
Let me please respond to your comments. We always appreciate the opinion of our guests and try to do our best to understand their requirements.
You have been served the wine of the Pinot noir variety, where you complained that the wine was light in color, you literally called it the color of cranberries and you said that the wine is not good. As you know, the variety of Pinot noir has such a color. This SVK producer's wine is very well rated, but of course, sometimes can happen that the bottle could be worse, but the color of the wine is not a sign of the faulty wine. We accept, that the wine was not tasty for you, but this is not a mistake of wine as well as our sommelier. The wine was served at another 20 tables and there was no problem with the choice. However, in order to preserve the reputation of Hotel Turiec and its excellent reputation for wine knowledge, the bottle of wine was not charged to you.
As for the dinner service, it is certainly possible that the service was not 100%, but all of the bookings for the Graduation were familiar with the fact that the waiting time for the dinner would be longer, because they wanted to celebrate at the same time. You had a table reserved at 19:00, but since you stayed on the terrace for almost an hour, and you moved to the main table at 20:00, it was the main reason you waited longer for the main course. Since in addition to your reservation, we have had more than 100 guests with the reservation at 19:00, that we have preferred becuase of your delay. You should have received the main dish within 30 minutes right after the appetizer, but finally it was a few minutes more for what we would like to apologize.
We absolutely disagree with the claim that our meals are made from semi-finished products. No one has ever told us or wrote this for more than 10 years. We are proud of the fact that all of our meals are made from local and always fresh ingredients, and we are sorry that you cannot recognize it.
In any case, thank you for your comments, which will take us one step further.
We wish you much success.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Some family members stayed here for 4 nights because of location and the fact that they apparently have "air conditioning". When we arrived, we asked the reception how the air conditioning worked, and they told us it was down for maintenance and would be installed in 2 weeks... So naturally, when we checked out, we requested a discount or at least some sort of compensation..
Then they suddenly told us that the air conditioning is some sort of "extra service" that you have to pay additionally for?

Im a little confused, upset and annoyed. Im quite sure the air conditioning was in fact down for maintenance and it seems to me that this excuse with "paying extra for air conditioning" is something they just made up in the spur of the moment to avoid having to give us any discount. I've stayed at this hotel myself some years ago and the air conditioning worked fine without any special request or extra fees...

I also want to add that the breakfast selection seemed quite random. One day there was no eggs, then suddenly they had eggs again, and suddenly they didn't. And no one clears the used tables until they absolutely have to, nor offers refills on coffee or whatever when they have free time - it was apparently more important to play on their phones in the dining area and chit-chatting than attending to their customers.

Unfortunately they're the only hotel with a central location, which is why they're getting 2 stars instead of 1. In the future I'd rather stay at a hotel with a more "off" location in exchange for better customer treatment.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Christina F
ZuzanaFOmanager, Manažér at Hotel Turiec, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2019

Dear Christina,

thank you very much for your review.
Please, allow me to comment on your allegations, which, unfortunately, are not true.
I can assure you that the Standard rooms, you booked have not been equipped with air conditioning until the day you arrive. A couple of days before your arrival air - condition was installed to some of the rooms, but technically it was not functional. The front desk informed you about this fact, so there was probably some misunderstanding. You have also been informed that in the future, the use of air conditioning in the rooms will be charged for an additional cost, but this did not apply to you because the air conditioning was still only at the installation stage.
Although you have booked a room without air conditioning, you have insisted on the compensation for its malfunction and you have been given a special price.
I am sorry, in spite of all this, that we can not do anything for your satisfaction despite our maximum effort.
We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Hotel was located in a town that was relaxed and had charming views of the nearby mountains. Rooms were large and clean, loved the large windows that let the outside in. Breakfast spread was not large but overall tasty.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lokekei

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your nice review and also thank you for sharing with other guests.
We are more than pleased to read that you have been satisfied with our service and we are looking forward to invite you in Hotel Turiec during your next stay in Martin.
We wish you all the best.