Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$84
View deal
Travelocity
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$86
Agoda.comUS$89
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Location is good and breakfast is good. But... and there are too many "buts".
There is no airconditioning in the room, which can be a problem on hot day (as we experienced).
When we arrived we "discovered" "left overs" of previous occupants inbetween the sheets, used towel (and no clean ones). After we complained we were told towels are changed every other day- which was OK, except it never happenned (for a week), unless we came to the reception and asked. Sheets were also not replaced (they said that is every 3 days) and garbage was not removed from room. We were told the same by other visitors, that stayed the same time. Although we complained several times, it seemed no one really thought some "double checking" on the room maid should be carried out (once we were told that the room maid said she cleaned, although it was clear that nothing was done in the room). We were also given once hand and face towels that were very small (10" by 16 " , 25 by 40 cm) and big towels for shower that were rather small. The bathroom was renovated lately, but no place to hang small towel or to put soap in shower. I do not recommend to stay here, certainly not in summer and hope that mangement takes notice. I gave this an "average" because of location and breakfast, but... I told the travel agewnct, which booked this hotel for us, to re-consider if to use it, especially in summer.

Room tip: 1st floor, as 2nd floor is under roof with smaller windows and may be hot.
Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Danny_S_Is
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I was travelling by bicycle. As a secure place to leave the bike overnight the staff suggested that I leave it in their courtyard - used by their staff and as a storage area for the bar and restaurant. I don't think the courtyard was locked overnight.
When I was there the public rooms were being refurbished. My bedroom was very modern and clean overlooking the main road. However at night it was quiet.
The breakfast was poor - there was a reasonable range of food but it looked very tired!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank David_Ro
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I stayed in Hotel Europa for four nights during my skiing trip to Jasna. I decided to make town of Liptovsky Mikulas as my "base camp", after I realized that hotel prices right next to the skiing slopes were skyrocketing. I was satisfied to my choice.

Pros:
+ Perfect location. Old town, 2 supermarkets, ATM, tourist office and ski bus stop are really close.
+ Clean and ok rooms.

Cons:
- Hotel seems to be under renovation and temporary passages seemed to be little confusing. My room was in the third floor and walk from the reception to my room was a small maze. This was not a problem for me, but more demanding visitors may see this as a disadvantage.
- Shower water temperature was lukewarm time to time.

Other observations:
- Hotel offers free parking on a private parking lot that is right next to the building. During daytime there is some guy supervising the area, but at night area is not secured. Nevertheless Liptovsky Mikulas was really silent town, I wasn't worried about my rental car.

- Wi-Fi connection worked perfectly. I made a video call from my room without any problems.

- Restaurant and breakfast buffet were ok. Waiters at the restaurant seemed to have better English skills than the reception.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2016

The hotel is staffed with one person at reception and therefore not recommended to come with a group it will take time. There is no air conditioning in the room for all those who suffer from heat. Besides all that this great hotel and great location. Under the hotel has a fruit and vegetable market, a large supermarket, a pedestrian mall with cafes and restaurants - very nice!

Room tip: First floor is preferable-ther is only 1 side For now
Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Hotel Europa is a cozy, clean and comfortable hotel in a great central location in town. The room we had was perfect, and with an excellent bathroom, a good size, with a fridge too, and very reasonable for the price. With views of the High Tatras too! One of the more comfortable beds I have slept in. Even though it is by a busy street, we had no problem sleeping, and I often usually have trouble if there is noise. The breakfast too is a solid affair, and it is a cheap and tasty choice for dinner. However do not believe the sites that say all the staff speak English, they range from good, to average, to non English at all, and this includes the reception staff, but we didn't mind!

Date of stay: August 2016