All reviews century building old town beautiful hotel library bar sauna and steam room executive room spa area perfect service main square perfect location stayed for two nights a lovely stay small hotel booked this hotel quiet street pedestrian zone short break
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Amazing rooms, great service, centrally located. Our stay here was a pleasure and I would highly recommend to anyone traveling to Bratislava. The rooms were spacious and well furnished. The old monastery feel is captured perfectly.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Was more than happy with this hotel. It is a beautiful building with beautiful rooms. Rooms were well appointed with bath robe and slippers, bath tub and shower, and top of the line bath products from Penhaligons of London which I was very excited about. I felt like the price of this hotel was a steal for all of its luxuries and amenities. Hotel included free use of the spa which had a very enjoyable whirlpool tub and sauna. Location was fantastic. Everything we wanted was in walking distance yet the hotel was very quiet. Woke up at 8am and thought it was still the middle of the night as the room was so quiet and dark. The only thing I found disappointing was the breakfast. I didn't even try it as the price was 20 euro per person! That's a third of what it cost me to stay in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We just came back from a two stop Bratislava / Vienna break. We stopped at three different hotels and sadly despite being the only 5 star (the other two were 4 star) this was out least favorite.

Positives:

The rooms are nicely furnished, warm and cosy
Most staff are enthusiastic and keen to get it right
The hotel position is just off Bratislava main square

Not so good:

Our room (20) was spoiled by drain problems in the shower. The smell was awful. In fairness the hotel reacted quickly to clean it but the smell came back. We were only there two nights and they offered to change our room at 7pm on the second night. By then it wasn't worth the hassle as we were on our way out for the evening. This issue was really apparent when we first walked in and house keeping should have picked it up

The breakfast is woeful. For me 5 star should be about being pampered. Tea and coffee (horrible bitter coffee) comes from flasks. Why isn't it served by the waitresses and waiters? Similarly there is a self serve toaster. In a five star restaurant? The hot food on both mornings was congealed from standing. I complained that the white sliced bread for the toaster was stale. I had to go into the kitchen to find someone and still no one came out and addressed the issue. I complained at reception that the breakfast was terrible. As we were leaving the receptionist tried to argue that we hadn't liked the bread and it couldn't be stale as it's delivered every morning. It's never good to call your customers liars. The white sliced bread for the toaster was stale. The top slice was like cardboard. I know stale bread when I see and feel it.

Other things like a 10am check out is poor (unless you pay another supplement).

Towels need to be bigger and fluffier. This is meant to be 5 star luxury.

Tv's are flat screen but past their best and ready for renewal (on the bright side you can lend DVD's for the room).

Overall it just didn't justify the money. This is an expensive hotel. The staff's enthusiasm needs to be matched with some customer service training. I'm sure the woman on reception didn't mean to insinuate we were lying she was just clumsy. The rest of the time she was cheerful. Attention to detail could make this hotel so much better. Let the staff go and experience breakfast as a customer. They'll help find the improvements.

There's a famous hotel in the next square down. Go and see how it's done. Eggs cooked to order. Tea and coffee freshly made and served in tea and coffee pots. Attentive staff. It really wouldn't take a lot of effort to make this hotel so much better.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin-NewTricks
Reviewed 15 December 2017

My husband and I stayed 1 nights there in Dec.

PROS
-the price for a 5 star hotel is very reasonable
-being upgraded from the Deluxe to junior suit, great suit with all antiques and high level of cleanness
-well selpt nights: beds are good
-just beautiful hotel
-very warm staff:namely porters! Joseph and another man
-well equipped spa and fitness

CONS:
not really cons, but it would be nice if the check-out time can be adjusted to 11am like most of the hotels

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Very reasonably priced boutique hotel in city center. Decor is very classic, the loft/suite was interesting to be on 2 levels, and the toilet was separate from the bathtub/shower, which was convenient too. Easy walking distance to the main square and attractions.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family