See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Just returned from a three night stay in Incheba/Expo. On first sight my companions had thought I'd booked them into a concentration camp.
On entering the foyer, it looked a bit better, but set up is weird with student accommodation leading off of the main reception area. We had four rooms booked, and receptionist initially tried to charge us all an additional 40 euros for the rooms, saying that was the going rate. Luckily I had the paper from my original booking to prove them wrong.
In all honesty the rooms were adequate for our needs, beds, and a bathroom. They were clean and made up on a daily basis.
Once our stuff was in the rooms and we had changed, we decided to meet in the bar, ready to go out. Shocked to hear that the bar only opened at 1900 and shut at 2359. Needless to say we didn't have a drink there. We did however try to have one at 2330 on our last night, but the bar was closed.
The receptionists themselves were very helpful, but the security guards must have been left there when the communists departed.
It is only a 15-20 minute walk into town, or between 5-10 euros in a cab. If I go back to Bratislava I would stay here again, but only if I couldn't get into another hotel. The savings on cab fares would be better spent going towards a room in a better hotel in the city centre.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed two nights in this hotel with my boyfriend as we were cheated by the owner of "Terrace Room Rental"... And the rest of the hotels in Bratislava were too expensive or no rooms... Incheba was the only one with rooms available. Now I underdtand why...

We called very late arround 00.00h and the receptionist was really nice and offered us a room for two nights 100€ (both nights). It was next to a student residence so the outside door was full or people who were noisy.

We arrived and the place looked really grey, nothing special.

The girl who was working at the reception was really nice to us, all the time, really polite and helpful.

When we saw the room... Omg... How horrible! Walls, floor, toilet, door... So old and in bad conditions... They didn't even had a kettle or coffee... Really dissappointing... Even the corridor to arrive to the room was creepy... The carpet was dirty... Really bad.

If you want to walk to the city (25 minutes), you have to do it through a road with no even pavement for pedestrians... Before you arrive to the bridge.. Very unsafe.

I won't go back. For sure.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Hotel was ok from outside but inside looks like they did do any work (design) for last 20 years.
Receptionist is same time security and he need to walk away every 2 h for check a building for 15min. So if you need urgent something....you have to wait

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

For those of us who had some experiences in those poor European countries that suffered under the Soviets' boot during the Cold War, this hotel is very nostalgic. Its decor, organization, and service were all so 1970's Communist that it was kind of fun. There was frequently no one at the reception desk or they were eating, but friendly. The restaurant staff of one person was not, and the all-inclusive breakfast disappointing (how about hotdogs and boiled eggs?). The bathroom tissue could double as fine sandpaper if you have some minor DIY project to do while you're there. For one nostalgic night in Bratislava, it's just fine!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2013

A very nice hotel, very friendly staff,super clean, only I think it rooms ware a bit cold. The breakfast is very basic but there is a lot of it, so it's good to. Don't be fooled by the exterior it a big communist building, the inside is what counts, also we had a great view of the Danube and the UFO bridge, very close to the city center, just over the bridge. Stayed there for new years eve.

Room Tip: The higher the better :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple