eDreams
London, United Kingdom

Simple clean and enjoyable

Review of Hotel Nivy
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Jan 2024via mobile
Good location for my needs, the hotel was simple with basic amenities, the room was clean and tidy, good varity of foid available for breakfast and early 9700hrs start for my needs; enjoyable stay whilst on business in Bratislava, close to where I was working
Date of stay: January 2024
  • eDreams
  • Agoda.com
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Bratislava
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2023 via mobile

Rooms were dirty and uncleaned, the food was cold and disgusting, and the view was mediocre. The TV wasn't working and the wardrobe handle was broken. The breakfast and dinner were a type of buffet, but everything was cold and not worth the price at all. The wi-fi is working but it's not secure so connect at your own risk. It's also worth mentioning that the staff doesn't speak English so if you can't speak Slovakian the you're gonna have a hard time talking to them. I did not go to the swimming pool, however I know for sure that you have to pay extra to go. Fortunately there is a shop nearby so I guess that is a plus. TL;DR Come at your own risk.

Room tip: Check under the bed for any trash. I found a water bottle under mine.
Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2022

First of all, let me clarify - I didn't stay at this hotel recently, staid there couple of years ago and the experience was good, it was by all means a regular, decent budget hotel stay. In the past couple of months - as I reside in Bratislava for quite some time - I've been coming there just for swim/spa/wellness, as the facility is really nice, clean, usually not overcrowded, offers swimming pool, jaccuzzi and a variety of saunas for affordable price.

However, I feel the urge of sharing my recent experience, in a hope hotel's management does something about it so it never repeats again.
With a collegue, as usually, we were enjoying some swimming and sauna time. The facility closes at 22:00, therefore staff usually starts to notify clients to leave around 21:45. This time (Monday 28.3.2022) the lifeguard in charge comes approaches us (while still in sauna, but well aware of the time left), starting to throw us out quite unpolitely (loosely translated: "It's 9:45pm, wrap it up!"). After thanking him for notifying us, telling him we're aware of the time and that the facility closes at 10pm sharp, we said we'd be out in a minute. He came back in 10 seconds, leaving the sauna door open wide, urging us to leave with a comment "they don't pay me overtime". My friend then asked him whether he's aware of the term "pro-client approach" and whether he'd ever been abroad or witnessed it somewhere, because the way he was talking to us was well off from this kind of approach - and politely explained that he (the lifeguard) should definitely learn about it, because it is very important in hostelery/service industry.
And that's when things got even worse - the way this lifeguard's language towards us changed, full of disrespect (in Slovak language, the formal way to address either a stranger or especially a client should 100% always be in plural "you" - this lifeguard kid changed to talk to us in singular "you"/"thou") and on the very edge of insults, in such a provocative manner as if he was looking for a fist-to-fist confrontation, invading personal space (and I'm talking about <10cm face-to-face while talking to my friend)! HUGE no-go's, in any business, but especially in services' industry such as hostelery!
I understand, people tend to be tired after whole day at work, want to go home, enjoy some rest - but I saw this guy sitting/standing next to the pool, playing with his phone for the entire 30-40 minutes I was swimming (before sauna), not even paying attention to puddles on the floor next to the pool, on which 2 people skid and almost fell just from what I've seen...so this "lifeguard" was not even doing his work properly, to ensure the customers are safe! And then to top it with such repulsive attitude and language towards clients...it really wrecked the whole otherwise great experience for me! Without this incident I'd rate overall 5/5.

Recommendation for hotel management (from my own experience working in hostelery) - give this guy a serious pro-client approach and communication training.
Please, make all staff (lifeguard included) wear a name badge. I had to ask him 3 times for his name as I told him I want to raise a complaint. His name is Filip, the lifeguard and this incident happened on Monday, March 28th 2022.

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 29 February 2020

I only came here with my 6 year old daughter to use the pool. Well worth a visit. It has a 25 m pool for doing lengths and next to it a fun pool with fountains. in between the pools are 3 jacuzzis. It was 7.50 euros for the 2 of us for an hour. I was charged another 3 or an extra hour. It was worth the money and would recommend.

Enjoy

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Ray C
Reviewed 17 January 2019 via mobile

Super great Spa world in the hotel in centrum of Bratislava, Slovakia that is inexpensive but the water features are luxurius.,,prepare to be impressed with Italian tiles and herbal infused sauna rooms just wonderful🌸

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel, the official hotel for a skating competition. It was basic but clean. Breakfast was ok although the coffee machine was a bit flaky, there was one item in the full English for vegans. But it was walking distance of the ice rink and also the local shopping centre.
Happy with our stay.