Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
View deal
PricelineUS$85
Hotels.comUS$85
ZenHotels.comUS$108
All reviews great hotel nice pool the bus city gym garage heating
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2021

Having stayed here on repeated occasions, I knew more or less what to expect and wasn't disappointed. The room was nice (amenities the usual, including a decent disposable razor than can be used more than once). The main attraction for me however is the well-equipped gym and the fact that it is open 24 hours. There is also a nice pool. It should be noted as well that staff is generally quite helpful, such as when I needed information on Covid testing or a bus to Vienna. I was particularly impressed by the fact that when I descended to collect a boarding pass, they had already printed it out, even though I'd emailed it just a couple of minutes previously.

All that said, there were a couple of minus points. First, it is absurd that guests cannot print anything themselves, meaning any documents to be printed must be sent to reception. Second, the breakfast isn't much. The hash browns and sprats that were part of it during my last stay (2018) were nowhere to be found. The mixed vegetables had hardly been subjected to any cooking and on the whole were rather tasteless. Instead of potatoes there were pancakes, which at least for me automatically ruled out the beans in tomato sauce, as I can't picture eating these with anything except potatoes. If eggs sunny side up were an option, this was not apparent. And, annoyingly, the lox was pre-portioned in little glass receptacles - they didn't do this with the cheap processed meats, so it clearly wasn't a Covid measure. Even the mustard was pre-portioned - a first for me. Also, breakfast was exactly the same both days. If the selection is going to be limited, then a little variety from day to day would be nice for guests staying more than one night. Finally, it passes belief that the hotel could not turn off the heating in my room (so they said), resulting in my having to leave the windows open all night while hot air continued to be pumped in. Ridiculous.

The hotel's location is not so central, but Bratislava is not big. There is a shopping center ("Central") within 10 minutes' walk, and the bus station is only about 20 to 25 minutes away by foot.

A good gym open 24 hours is important to me, and the helpful staff made a positive difference, so I'm going with five stars despite the clear deficits.

Date of stay: October 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dhbar1
Reviewed 28 September 2021

Splendid stay. Always with Hilton and if it isn’t, they will correct it.
Hotel well situated close to the arena.

Visit the Brick on the corner for good beer and food in the evening.

We will be back and recommended to the company.

Date of stay: September 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Gthomp01
Reviewed 18 September 2021 via mobile

Hotel was practical for tennis, rates were good and staff was willing. The room smelled like cigarettes and was slightly dated, also it took a long time to check in.
The lady in the bar was very welcoming and did a great job, and the reception staff tried their best but looked like they were training other members which makes the service slower.

Room tip: It is a €3 taxi ride to the old town
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank felipebg83
Reviewed 25 July 2021

My room was ready at noon,very convenient after a very long travel. The room was very clean, cleaned and sanitized daily. My bed was super comfortable with pillows of different thicknesses to select. I loved the breakfast selection and freshness, the staff was amazing.

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank itydir
DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava, Guest Services / Front Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to providing your feedback. It is great to see that overall, you had a satisfactory experience with our hotel.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava staff is always at your service.
Thank you for your stay in our hotel again.
Kristina Schwarczova

Reviewed 21 July 2021

This was my third or fourth visit of this hotel and it was flawless. They were still covid-precautionary and restrictions were in place (e.g. indoor mask mandate, sauna out of order). Not too many many guests - the hallways were empty and the frontdesk line non-existent, therefore a very fast check-in. We got an upgrade for a suite with a view that was large, clean and modern, with a huge bathroom with a shower and a separate bathtub. Breakfast was fantastic: fully stocked and again, only a handful of guests. I also used the gym: small but sufficiently equipped (better than most of the hotels I've stayed at) and the pool - I was the only person using it at the time. The only drawback is the paid parking which isn't at the cheap end. Again, because of the lack of the guests and generally deserted city, the stay was very quiet and relaxing.

Room tip: ask for an upgrade and a room far from the elevator
Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Azzi E

Dear Azzi E,
Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Bratislava.
We truly appreciate your positive feedback and opinion. It is a great pleasure for us to learn that you found your stay at our hotel pleasant and comfortable.
Kristina Schwarczova