Lowest prices for your stay
US$78
US$87
Trip.com
US$77
Hotels.comUS$87
PricelineUS$78
travelup.comUS$83
2,023 results
All reviews privilege lounge old town the main train station rain shower comfortable hotel city slovakia minibar
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2020

It is my first time at the Mercure Bratislava Centrum hotel, yet I have experienced problems since making my initial booking through Booking.com. Even though I booked a flexible booking, I was promptly charged for my stay. I called the property to inform them I am comfortable to be charged only upon check-in or within the paid cancellation period. They insisted I make a booking directly with them and cancel my initial one, which I did. It then took them two reminders to return the original amount once the first booking was cancelled. Upon arrival, I enquired about the options of an early check-in given my early departure and the booking directly made with the property. I was told I must pay an extra fee to check in 6 hours early and that I already have "a very pleasant fare". The receptionist, Radoslav, also emphasised that the order of my given name and surname listed on the reservation is wrong (even though it was the hotel front desk itself that made the booking). I found both of these remarks demeaning. I also found it confusing to distinguish hotel staff from guests as some employees, including Radoslav, do not wear uniforms. I was told that they can put on a jacket if they feel cold, yet that the casual dress code (a T-shirt) is compliant with the Accor standards. Even though my stay here has hardly started, the front desk has already made me feel unwanted.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank NicholasPrague
Gabriela Busova, Guest Services / Front Office at Clarion Congress Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2020

Dear Nicholas,

thank you for taking the time to leave us few words regarding your stay at Mercure Bratislava Centrum hotel. I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations.
Your reservation with booking.com was semi flexible - it must had been prepaid in advance, but the cancellation was possible upon 3 days before arrival for free. Charging the amount is a standard procedure. After refunding you the amount when canceling the initial reservation made with booking.com, we created a new one in our system according to the data given by you in the first reservation. Even though the payment conditions were the same, we charged you only upon check in :) I am sorry if the refund took some time.
Standard check in time in our hotel is 2pm. The possibility of this kind of very early check in is indeed with extra fee regardless the check out time.
Thank you again for reviewing your stay at Mercure Bratislava Centrum hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2020

Friendly service at the reception - receptionists provide high-quality and professional service with a smile all the time. They are always helpful and caring....underground parking, 15 minutes' walk to the old town :) , very nice rooms, clean, modern, comfortable bed. Breakfast very good :)

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Daisy848
Gabriela Busova, Guest Services / Front Office at Clarion Congress Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2020

Dear Daisy,

thank you for taking the time to share a feedback regarding your stay at Mercure Bratislava Centrum. It was our pleasure to have you here with us and we are very happy that our services met your expectations. I believe you had a nice time in our lovely Old Town and that you enjoyed all the perks of our Capital :)
We would love to have you back again in the future :)

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2020

Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Gabriela Busova, Guest Services / Front Office at Clarion Congress Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2020

Reviewed 29 June 2020 via mobile

Im gold member for both Accorhotels and Hilton honors program.

Usually I am happy with Mercure hotel but not really this time.

There was no coffee or tea in room
No bathrobe
Privilage lounge closed
No “do not disturb” sign

I was planning to extend my stay for couple of days but I checked out after first night and went to Doubletree by Hilton instead

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank LukasK_12
Gabriela Busova, Guest Services / Front Office at Clarion Congress Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2020

Dear Lukas

thank you for staying with us in Bratislava and we are very grateful for your feedback too! As we strive to provide the best possible services also in this unpredictable situation feedback like yours is very important for us.
I am deeply sorry for the shortcut in refilling of the toiletries and not placing a bathrobe into your room.
The Privilege Lounge is indeed closed for this moment, but will be open hopefully soon in the future!

Despite of your experience it would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future :)

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2020

The visit of the hotel on the beginning of center Bratislava. Very polite staff and good quality of service. It's a pity, that still valid governement restriction and guests cannnot use all equipment of hotel.

Date of stay: June 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank ltuma2020
Gabriela Busova, Guest Services / Front Office at Clarion Congress Hotel Bratislava, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2020

Dear Libor Tuma,

thank you for taking the time to share your feedback :)
Yes, unfortunately some services are still not available, but I believe that even though you had a pleasant and enjoyable stay :)

We look forward to welcome you back soon in the future :)

Warm regards to Prague