“The owner was amazing”
Review of Darsana

Darsana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Darsana is the first ayurveda center, which was created as the very first of its kind in Slovakia, the capital city Bratislava early 2008.In Darsana you can experience the unique traditional ayurvedic healing massages and treatments provided on authentic massage tables and with special ayurvedic natural products brought from India. All therapists come from the Indian state of Kerala, which is the country of origin of Ayurveda. Each of them has relevant therapeutic education and long-term experiences with ayurvedic treatments in healthcare facilities in India. In addition, we offer ayurvedic consultation with a fully qualified Ayurvedic physicians, educational seminars on Ayurveda and sale ayurvedic herbal products and books. We also offer long term ayurvedic treatments in ayurvedic resorts in Kerala, India. The aim of Ayurveda is to harmonise the vital energies of the body, mind and soul, to protect health and prevent and to cure diseases in natural way, to live long, fullfilled and healthy life. Welcome in Darsana!
Washington, dc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The owner was amazing”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My husband and I were in Vienna and decided to take a day trip to Bratislava to check out the city and get massages at Darsana. The oil massage was different from anything we've ever had--more oil, less massage--but the owner was fabulous. We asked him the best place to get a taxi back to the train station. We weren't sure of the time of the train since it wasn't printed on our tickets, so he looked it up on his computer and realized that we needed to get to the station in a hurry. Getting a taxi wouldn't be easy he told us, so he very graciously left Darsana to walk us to the tram and when he looked at schedule offered to drive us instead! He drove us to the station and went inside with us to make sure we were at the right place (there are 2 train stations). I didn't get his name but he owns the place with his girlfriend Miriam. It was incredible customer service and we highly recoomend patronizing Darsana!

Visited June 2011
10 Thank travel_girl

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A haven from sore feet!”
Reviewed 12 June 2011

This place deserved its good name, even though they were quite busy the gentleman who was managing the establishment managed to fit us in for a foot and head massage; the perfect midday break to a walking tour of Bratislava!

3 Thank TheCWay
Milan, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best massage EVER!”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Last year I lived for a few months in Bratislava and found this unique ayurvedic massage center. I treated myself repeatedly with relaxing, invigorating and balancing massages (I especially advice the Shirodhara). The center is right in the heart of the city center, cozy and with a very lay back atmosphere. The staff is great, very welcoming and ready to advice the best treatment or massage. Went back few weeks ago and I will always stop by when I am in Bratislava!!

Visited April 2011
4 Thank Kateplanet
Carshalton, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Amazing place, total relaxation!”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My girlfriend booked a surprise weekend away in Bratislava for us both for our 1st anniversary, and what a surprise this place was!

We were orginally looking to have the Synchronised massage each but there were not enough therapists avaliable on the day so we each had an full body oil massage for 60mins, which was still fantastic.

We then had a Shirodhara and this was just absolutely amazing! A constant stream of warm oil is drizzled onto the centre of your forehead and massaged into your scalp for about 60mins and it is the most relaxing, stress-relieving and enjoyable treatment we had ever had, it takes you into a completely different world!

We each then had about 15mins in the steamer to finish and were shown through to the relaxtion area where we had some herbal tea and reflected on what had been a wonderful experience.

About 3 hours worth of treatment for ninety euros each and we came out feeling 10-years younger, bargain! Will definitely be paying another visit in the future!

Visited January 2011
3 Thank k_dopson
Kosice, Slovakia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place for massage”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My favorite massage place in Bratislava. They do indian ayurvedic massages and treatments. When I went there for the first time the stuff was very helpful and explained me benefits of all different treatments. I tried a few different ones and I absolutely love it. Very relaxing and beautiful place.

3 Thank mfiore