“Great choice of whisky...”
Review of Whisky Bar 44

Whisky Bar 44
Ranked #57 of 1,266 Restaurants in Bratislava
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Mesto
Reviewed 9 May 2017

If Whisky is your drink, then this is a must go! Amazing choice of drinks, and service was amazing, waiter gave us few good tips of other locations to visit in Bratislava.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I was excited to have seen this restaurant and after reading reviews. The bar is upstairs, complete with nice leather couches and television playing soccer. Downstairs is the restaurant and at 1830 I was the only person there. At first I couldn't figure out why the place was so empty. The decor is very cool, whiskey displayed throughout, I would have expected it to be much more busier but I was later to learn it was another bank holiday. Either way i ordered the Scottish seafood meal which I mistakenly thought was going to be a stew or soup but it turned out to be a plate of assorted smoked fish. It was alright, I would have tried something else but I finished what I ordered. Afterwards I went upstairs worth the intention of a whiskey and cigar. Unfortunately, you can only smoke in the downstairs lounge that's adjoining to the eating area. I decided to just try a whiskey instead. There just seemed to be the one staff member there along with his friend and they poured themselves a pint of beer and sat on one of the couches surfing the internet and watching the soccer game. They didn't seem too interested in customers and guess I can't blame them as it didn't appear they were going to be getting any other than just myself. Overall I was a little disappointed in the experience but on another night I'm sure it could have been better.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I realy love the atmosphere, seating and the staff of the bar. With the variety of spirits and snack availability it is great place to hide from everyday rush.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

First, this place offers a miryad of excellent whiskies. Barman served us uncommon sorts of delicious whisky from independent bottlers. You can go for well known brands too. The interior tends to invoke impression of vintage furniture. Everything is comfortable and cosy. The menu is not long and well balanced. We had a great haggis with brilliant whisky sauce and a steak. Tribute to chef! Barman was very friendly and attentive to us. On weekdays this place is not much visited and you can have nice chilling and relaxing time here. Oh, and the smoking saloon.....just great. The selection of cigars is not for tobacco connoisseurs so if you are and cigar expert bring your own torpedo. Recommend this place much!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Excellent place to sit and enjoy an insane variety of Single Malts! Be sure not to ask for ice ;) And make a reservation!