Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
ZenHotels.com
US$103
View deal
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2017

This is really the place you should avoid. Standard of this hotel is less than ** some rooms without AC, those with AC are not properly servised. Food is really disaster and be careful what you eat. All waters and waitresses are students ( in summer time ) with the attitude - It is not my problem...go away !!!
I like Slovakia and people there but this hotel is really the place which doe not represet it in the right way. I really do not reccoment it to anyone. Especially to Families with kids. Try to go with your buggy ( no lift available in this wing !!!) to room 101, 102, 103 using steep and curly stairs. It is dangerous for adults as well to use it. Beware of it !!!

Room tip: Choose a room in the main building - at least you will have hardly working AC...
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MatusPavlaMarketing, Manažér at Hotel Dixon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Hello, thank you for your review. We have two tracts - without elevator (2 floors) and - with elevator (5 floors). If you tell at reception desk you will come with buggy we automaticaly give you room in tract with elevator.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

We wanted to see a bit more of Slovakia and took the bus , very easy by the way from Bratislava Bus station , needing a place to stay this hotel fitted the bill perfectly.
The room was great and being a sport based hotel it's all there on site for those who want it , we went on a quiet Monday and ate in the restaurant but had a really good meal and a very nice waitress as well served us .
It's close to the centre about 15 mins and easy to find but taxis are easy to get anyway.

Room tip: I doubt there's much difference ,it's not a noisy place
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I spent a couple nights with my family in this hotel. The hotel is good location for city trips or to see other places in region. But nothing special more. Beds are not too much comfortable, any movement following with noise. We were 3 persons, but all time supported as 2 onl (missing towels, cups etc.). Don't expect any surprise during breakfast, just bored staff waiting for guests. And the worse part - free non working wifi internet. I haven't seen any similar pure wifi during any other hotel visit.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Room are minimal and old fashion. No AC and beds are the best of 1973. At night it was noisy and the reception was not helpful.
Banská Bystrica is a lovely city and it's a shame to spoil the visit with a stay in this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2016

had the unfortunate experience of this place a while ago. how on earth it has four stars is way beyond me. the place has all the charm of an hourly hotel.. some friends of ours who made the mistake of coming here for a romantic break found a Champagne cork ant other detritus floating in the Jacuzzi !.. no, it doesn't bear thinking about.
needless to say I was aghast and appalled my wife was in shock and awe at this place we shall certainly never again be setting foot in this most ungodly of places. I fell dirty even thinking about it.

Date of stay: May 2015