Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
US$68
View deal
Trip.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Staff wasn't able to service credit card payment and demanded up front payment (which I wanted to do but via credit card) unless they will not let you in, this was 8 PM after long working day. Then this reception women (when I eventually fixed cash for her) started bothering me few times asking me whether I'm alright.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Given the location in remote Slovakia, it is OK - you clearly can't compare to a major city. It is an old hotel that really could do with some TLC, and suffered when hot last week (38c outside) as no aircon anywhere so was baking in rooms. Wifi only works downstairs, but will give you a patch lead if you don't have one. Breakfast basic but will cook eggs etc to order. Bathrooms basic, shower head at waist height and screen did nothing - flooded the bathroom extensively in minutes. Minibar included in price(!!) which may account for higher than expected rate for the location. Very short stroll from main square, with lots of restaurants and bars.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

We visited the hotel during a warm weekend. The twin-rooms are very small and there is no airco. When you open the windows to get some fresh air you will be awake early in the morning due to the noise in the street. Staff is very friendly. Nice location near the city center.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2014

I have no idea how this hotel ended up no. 1 hotel in Banska Bystrica on Trip Advisor. Although staff are very friendly and keen to help, the place smells (not the rooms but all the common areas) and needs serious renovations. There is also no elevator which was not very convenient for my 72 year old mother who had to climb to the fourth floor. Breakfast was terrible and parking a challenge but the location is excellent, just off the main square.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank lahvickova1920
Reviewed 7 October 2014 via mobile

This "hotel" was the worst I have ever stayed in! In a nutshell the staff are awful, rude, unhelpful. Rooms were dirty, our sheets had blood on them and we're not changed once during our 3 night stay. Breakfast was terrible. Once the food is gone it is not replenished so if you don't get to breakfast before 7am forget about it. I simply can't understand how this hotel acquired a 4 star rating!

Date of stay: September 2014