Hotel Dom
US$75
US$71
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$51
US$116
Maya Pension(Szeged)
US$65
US$61
Hotel Centrum Szeged(Szeged)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$52
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Auris(Szeged)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswithin walking distancestay there againdomlocationcityparking
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. The rooms were in need of renovation, although the bed was very comfortable, Internet and A/C worked fine, bath was clean with plenty of hot water and in general relatively modern. The location is excellent; Szeged is a great city for walking and the Dom is centrally located, but very quiet at night. I had one dinner (catfish) which was excellent; the continential breakfasts were mediocre at best. Despite the minor drawbacks I would happily stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Booked this place as a fairly last minute overnight trip to the beautiful Szeged. Was very disappointed that this hotel did not add enjoyment to an otherwise memorable trip. They did not get even the basics right; breakfast was lacking, they could not even provide orange juice from a carton, not much choice either. There was zero chance of a wifi signal in the room either, despite advertising it. Room was basic and pretty small, and the walls were quite thin as well as we could hear the neighbours discussions. On the positive side, the staff were nice and friendly, location is good, and there is a hot tub and sauna to use if you so desire, however these are also quite run down and dated. Overall, for the price I would recommend to try elsewhere, I am certain there is better value hotels than this.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

This was our second time in Szeged for a sporting event. The location (steps from the Square, the Dom Chapel, river) is excellent, although be prepared to drive in a maze to get there with the car. Very little street parking, so be sure to tell the hotel you will need space in their garage (which uses a lift). The rooms are small but the bed is nice. No kettle or coffee maker in the room; there is a bar/refrigerator. Breakfast didn't have the quite the quality or variety with which we have become accustomed in Europe, but we felt safe and our needs were met. Lots of cafes, ice cream, the fantastic John Bull Pub, the Dom Church, university, and a free Sunday afternoon concert in the square were definitely highlights.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Very good location close to stops of trams nos. 1& 2, in a quiet street, within walking distance of all the major sights. Lovely spacious and clean room, comfortable bed. Courteous and helpful staff. I was not sure whether the hotel had already charged me before my arrival (as payment for the booking was supposed to be charged once booking had been confirmed). The hotel staff said no. I requested them to check again with the booking agent, and they did that on several occasions. The issue was resolved to my satisfaction. I am happy that the staff have demonstrated patience and good service throughout. A staff also tried her best to help me check information about buying a bus ticket to another city. The helpfulness of the staff is much appreciated. Overall, very good value for money.
Szeged is a lovely city. I would consider staying at this hotel again when I visit Szeged in the future.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the hotel with friends.
The hotel is right at the center. The people are friendly and we were always treated by a smile and easy going attitude. All of our request was taken care promptly.
Breakfast is OK, nothing fancy but they had a good variety of food and everything was fresh even at 9 am.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple