Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$50
View deal
PricelineUS$50
Booking.comUS$50
Hotels.comUS$50
TravelocityUS$50
TripadvisorUS$50
Orbitz.comUS$50
All reviews helpful stuff classic hotel few minutes old town train station internet corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2020

I get into the elevator, 4th floor. The elevator stops at a different height to the corridor, there are eight steps. Are you kidding me? I reach the room door and there is a sewer stink you wouldn't believe. I checked and it wasn't really coming from the bathroom. My only guess is there has been a pipe malfunction some time ago and they didn't strip the room of the carpet...

OK I ask for a different room, it doesn't stink and on the fifth floor the difference to the elevator is just one step solved by a ramp. First thing to notice in the room is the light. A standing light valiantly battles the darkness but by and large it loses and the forces of shadow are the winner. Reinforcements by two desk lamps do not change the results. I happen to light my living room with a similar single standing lamp so I know quite well this is very well possible, you just need a strong bulb (I use a 36W LED light but I saw 45W as well).

I attached a photo of the desk chair supplied. I have no words.

The breakfast was plentiful with a wide variety of hot and cold food both and they provided lactose free milk and soy milk as well which is the only reason they get two stars instead of one.

Room tip: Fifth floor seems more accessible
Date of stay: January 2020
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Hotel Raba City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2020

Dear Karoly N,

As for a start, allow us to express our most sincere gratitude for your detailed and honest review about Hotel Raba City Center. We are disappointed to hear, that we could not manage to fully meet your requirements. Thank you for highlighting the great breakfast. On the other hand, we apologise for the experienced unpleasantness. We will definitely take your observations into consideration. It would be an honour if you could provide another chance in the future!

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 22 November 2019

Been to Gyor before but decided to catch the last of the good weather. The Hotel is part of the Danubius chain and although very clean it is dated and not the best we have stayed in, The standard room was as expected, pretty basic but comfortable but noisy facing the main road (on the first floor). Breakfast was surprisingly good with a good choice. Eggs/bacon/beans together with all the usual cereals/cold meats/bread no complaints there. Location was very good, 1 minute over the road and you are at the top of the main walkway into the centre. Parking (chargeable), not expensive, just over the road (underground). Good value for money and would stop there again. Site would not let me upload photos.

Room tip: Depending on your needs see the rooms online, no frills.
Date of stay: October 2019
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Hotel Raba City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2019

Dear Rickmagyar,

First and foremost, please allow me to express my heartfelt gratefulness to you for taking your precious time to share your experiences about our Hotel Rába City Center with us. I am pleased you were so happy with your holiday experience and thank you for your marvellous compliments for the pleasant environment, the delicate breakfast and the great location in the heart of the city our hotel provides. We work really hard to offer the best standards of services in the best possible environment, so I am pleased to see that reflected on your last visit. Should your travel plans ever bring you back to this area, please do not hesitate to contact us directly – we will always wait you with warm welcome.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2019

Hotel Raba City Centre was a well-located, comfortable base for accessing the surrounding area. We were in Gyor for the European Championships of Power lifting but also took time for site seeing. The area is full of amazing sights and places of interest on and near the River Danube

Room tip: Choose one that faces the park or town square. Beware: the town hall clock chimes every 15 minutes. 24/7b
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SueH2365
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Hotel Raba City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2019

Dear SueH2365,

Let me thank you first to take your valuable time to share your experiences. I felt particularly nice that you satisfied with the hotel’s location. It’s great that you visited sites and monuments in Győr and hope you had an amazing time at the European Championships of Power lifting as well. I very much look forward to welcoming you back and being your host again, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I only stayed one night with a group on our way to Paris. The hotel is well located near the city hall and the town centre, which is great because you don't need to use public transport or walk a lot. Both the apartment and balcony of the apartment I stayed in were huge and the balcony is so big you could invite 10 friends over to spend a night watching the beautifully lightened city hall. The breakfast was good - big buffet with many things to choose from.

However, the lifts are always busy (or so they were when I needed to use one), the minibar was broken so I could not keep my stuff cool, the room was hot and we found a few bugs in the bathroom.

Overall, my experience was good and I will return as soon as the issues such as the minibar not working properly in rooms are adjusted.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Hotel Raba City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Brar5,

Please let us begin with expressing our gratefulness for your feedback you shared with us.
We are beyond happy to see you chose to stay in our hotel on your way to Paris and it is lovely you had such a great time here. It is great to learn you found the breakfast we serve to be outstanding. Not lastly, we are really proud of our location, we do hope that you gained some really memorable experiences in here.
Thank you very much for your kind comments and your high rating, all of the team look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The location here is everything. Such an easy walk in to the town centre and a very easy hotel to find. Parking can be tricky but there was enough space for us just.

Our room, however, was very basic and a bit uncared for. It could really do with a good old spring clean! The shower was good and beds perfectly comfortable but nowadays we are used to a little bit more cleanliness and extras. There is no coffee in the rooms, there was no A/C (though I gather some rooms have it) and staff were a little on the brusque side.

However, if I needed somewhere in the centre of town I wouldn’t suggest you don’t choose this hotel, I just wouldn’t recommend that you do.

Martin

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
DHFrontOfficeManager, Vezető at Hotel Raba City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear MartinShepherd1,

We would like to thank you, that you take your time to rating and share your feedback online. We hope you could relax and disconnect from the busy weekdays. According your rating, we are really sad, that we could not meet your expectation 100%. We are sure that your feedback can help us to improve in the future.

All the best,