See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 April 2017

The hotel is located 8 km from Esstergom and about 200m from the Danube, which you can walk to and walk along once you find out how to get there since there are not clear directions or advise how to get there and this is a common theme of the hotel. The hotel is quite new but is already looking tired which I think is a reflection that no one seems to care for it. The hotel seems to be used for small workshops or coach tours. The rooms are OK but with a little extra effort could start to approach the 4* level that the hotel boasts. In my case whilst the room I had gave a good view of the Danube the fridge didn’t work and there was no shower curtain over the bath, little things but not really what you would expect in a 4*. The internet was intermittent again not something you want if you plan to hold a workshop there. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and sauna which are nice features. The food was buffet style and very tasty. Whilst there was a good selection of salads, fruit was sadly lacking specially at breakfast. Whilst tap water jugs were regularly refilled on the table they sometime came filled with warm water, which I think sums up the lack of care.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed 28 October 2016

This is quite a nice hotel, or could be, but the details let it down.

We lucked out and got a room on the top floor with windows in the roof, so no Danube view for us.

The internet was slow and intermittent.

The furniture and paintings are very impressive; not so the column in the middle of the bedroom or the heater control that protruded over the toilet!

Toiletries were non existent and the towels were well past their best by date; if they ever had a “best”.

There we no tea or coffee making facilities and the refrigerator had frozen everything solid.

Breakfast was limited and cold!

There was no sign of any porter service.

If you can be guaranteed a Danube view this hotel may be worth a visit, but I’d give it a miss.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Val_Mansfield
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I disagree with other reviewers who claim this hotel should only get three stars. I don't think it qualifies for that. I really wanted to give this place two stars but I couldn't. Let me break it down.

Cleanliness: the room stank, there were multiple bugs in my bed, dust on the doors, and no room service. No one cleaned my room during my stay, ever.

Service: members of the staff were not just unhelpful, they were outright rude and sassy. Just an example: I told the bartender that I'd like to have a beer as my welcome drink, his response: "Me too". This is their way of telling you that they only give champagne as the welcome drink.

Food: believe me or not, the yoghurt was off. I called a waitress over to tell her and all she said was "thank you for the information". Call me spoilt but I would have expected an apology. They continued to serve that spoilt yoghurt to other guests, which made me think about how this place got through food quality checks.

Bathroom: hair dryer shut down every half a minute due to overheating. Cold water dripping on me from the top of the shower due to some pipe leakage. The toilet was so close to the wall and there was so little room in front of it that you could only sit on it sideways.

Misc: bed so uncomfortable I barely slept, had to wait two hours to be able to order lunch (they said they were busy and didn't care that I was starving). All bath robes were torn. Internet connection intermittent, speed about 0.3 mbps when you're lucky. Shockingly arrogant staff made me think I was a fool for staying here.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Weisz G
Reviewed 27 May 2016

We thought that not a lot had changed since 1989! The hotel was full - lots of locals were here to enjoy the spa. We were very disappointed and wished we'd stayed in Eszergom itself. The Wi-Fi in our room didn't work at all well and we had no view of the Danube. The interesting bar snacks weren't available in the evening and the only option was the buffet - hopeless value for us as we're vegetarians. There is no shop or restaurant within several kms. Service was variable and the breakfast buffet was very disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Professeurdefrancais
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Unfortunately I have to start with the negatives (see below for positives): The food is low quality, maximum 3 star, but maybe even 2 star quality. The meat was tough and often cold, the chef who made my fresh omelette (nice touch but not available every day) was not able to make a decent omelette, the choice was too limited and in general the food was just not good enough for a 4 star hotel.

Several staff, particularly in the restaurant were surly and slightly aggressive. e.g shouting at customers when the coffee in the coffee machine ran out.

The rooms do not have the feeling of a 4 star hotel. The beds are massive, but the design is very poor, and the tap in the sink was so poorly designed that you couldn't work it without splashing water everywhere

Now, the positives: The hotel itself is not too bad, quite nicely decorated, but feels a bit retro even though it was built in 2009. The wellness area is actually quite good, and contrary to some reviews, you don't have to pay for bathrobes or the pool. There are plenty of saunas and special rooms to keep you going all day. Parking is free which is a bonus and the location is first class. MOST of the staff are polite and helpful, but as I said, some are definitely not.

With a little bit better management and a better head chef, this hotel could really be worth going to, but at those prices, there are far better options in Hungary

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple