See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Pros: Reasonably priced, well placed near the wine center. Secure parking. Relatively quiet.
Cons: could really use some investment, refreshing or, sadly, cleaning. Dust, spiderwebs. Old toilets. No covers in the bathrooms, doors sometimes don't close...

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

It wasnt the easiest process to book a room at this place. First we talked to a hungarian only speaking lady (my wife speaks a bit hungarian) that asked us to be back an hour later since they would have english speaking persons precent then. When we called back the first person told us there where no rooms available but the second one we talked to said they had one room available. He wanted us to write a request by email though. When tried the email just bounced back with a message that the inbox was full. However, we managed to get a room the day after and went there on our motorbike on a sunny and warm day. We parked our motorbike in the underground garage for free. Since it was a hot day we wanted to use the aircon which was an additional cost of 6 €.....Ok, seen that in hungary before but I think that 6€ is a bit to much. My wife wanted to refresh with a shower before hitting the wine cellars but we couldnt find any towels. When I asked in the reception I got the answer that they will have the towels in 1-2 hours...ok...maybe a cold beer as a compensation? No, ok, your not the boss so of course you cant make those kind of decisions. The positive side was that the room was clean and spacious with a great balcony facing the garden. Also the breakfast was good. The location is also good if you are there to discover the wine cellars in the "valley of beautiful woman". With better management it could be a good hotel but as it is now I cant rate it higher then medium.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2016

This pension is small, nothing special, but,everything was clean and very cosy. We arrived very late and although we let them know over Bookings, they didn't receive our mail and so I received a call around 6 pm and they waited for us.

It was hard to find it, we were driving around the city for a while. On Bookings there is the address:Szepasszonyvolgy utca 29, Eger, but when it was automatically added to my google calendar somehow it got changed to Mekcsey ut 1. So we then used "Here" navigation to be sure and it took us the number 30, that is no way near the 29. But at the end we asked around and we found it.

The rooms were warm when we arrived and when we needed a room with a table, they were kind enough to lend us their breakfast room. So over all this was a really great stay and thank you for everything.Every morning we got a selfserved breakfast that was very tasty and there were so many things to try=).The guest house is located near the wine valley, but in the winter it is to far to the town to walk. But it was not a problem at all=).

If you are coming here for a new years, reserve a dinner, since it is quite imposible to find a restaurant in the city, we were driving around for hourse, before we wound a Cherry restaurant (near MCDonads).

Room Tip: Sorry only saw my room
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The good:
quiet location, nice balcony, reasonable service, secure parking underground, breakfast good. Staff spoke some English

The bad:
The pillows were amazingly bad! We aren't picky... We've stayed at many, many hotels, bnbs and hostels all over the world and never complained about pillows... Until this place. They were so bad! Like a sack of doorknobs.

The air-conditioning was broken. We didn't mind too much... But there were no windows in the room to leave open at night for fresh air. There were double doors leading to a nice balcony, but it is not too secure from other rooms. The doors were also broken.

The fridge wasn't working very well and leaked water.

We stayed three nights and the WiFi was not working for most of this time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vandirk
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am going to Eger once or twice a year just to take a rest and drink wine . Always I try to stay in Bacchus Panzio. Perfect location in walking distance to the city centre and to Wine Valley . Reasonable prices. It is not a hotel. This is a guest house. Simple but still comfortable and clean rooms. Somethimes noisy. I really recommend if you don't need luxery but nice stay

Room Tip: ask for a room at garden side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family