“Basic cafe but you can get beer and coffee that's not bad”

Gellert Garden Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #1,417 of 3,736 Restaurants in Budapest
Neighbourhood: Gellért Hill
Neighbourhood: Gellért Hill
Reviewed 25 September 2018

You have little choice if you are enjoying the Gellert pools and spa. The café is basic but OK and works if you need or fancy a cool one.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

After enjoying the fantastic spa facilities, my wife and I decided to get some lunch at the ‘restaurant’. We ordered two dishes but only one turned up. When we asked where the other dish (salmon) was, we were met with a very abrupt, ‘it takes time’ from the waiter. He had basically forgot to put the order in. By the time I had finished my meal, my wife’s still hadn’t arrived. When we said that this wasn’t ok and we were not prepared to pay for the salmon, the waiter cancelled the order without telling us. When questioned on this the waiter became defensive and aggressive. I asked to speak to the manager and her demeanour was the same. It appears that even a basic level of customer service has escaped this establishment. My advice would be to take your own food in with you and avoid the overpriced restaurant completely.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Disappointing and very expensive. Felt somewhat a hostage to the system, we were in the baths and needed to use the restaurant. Ordered a bottle of wine to enjoy, however no ice, so it got warm very fast.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

One of the most pleasant places to have a meal in Budapest on a warm evening. The terrace overlooks the beautiful Freedom Bridge and Pest beyond. I enjoyed my paprika veal and Bull’s Blood red. With mineral water the bill for one came to HUF 7,733, including a 10% service charge - about A$38.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The Gellert Hotel and spa is a classic and has been the meeting place of locals and visitors alike since its inception, more than a century ago. It is strategically located overlooking Pest and the Danube and the extensin of the Cafe to the terrrace provides an even better view and fresh air during the Spring and Fall. The cafe offers sandwiches, salads, soups and a selection of Hungarian pastries. It also offers espresso, cappuccino and other coffee-based warm and cold beverages.

Date of visit: October 2017