All reviews stephen's basilica central location california coffee company panorama suite location is amazing studio room the main metro station reception area walking distance hotel entrance room number high ceilings three nights christmas market exploring budapest special thanks highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Cannot fault the hotel whatsoever. Staff were wonderful - so helpful throughout the entire stay! Special thanks to the member of staff who was on reception in the evening (on 08-03-2018) you made our trip so easy at check in, organising a taxi and just your general friendly attitude made us love the Hotel all the more! Rooms are totally gorgeous and the location is fantastic being within such a good range of so many landmarks and also restraunts. Since being back in the UK, I haven't stopped raving about this hotel and have recommended it to friends coming to Budapest later in the year!! I will certainly be attempting to make a return visit in the near future! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

Nothing to complain about - the hotel was above and beyond mine and my companion's expectations!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Dóra D, General Manager at The Magazine Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Hollayveepond,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen The Magazine Hotel & Apartments for your trip in Budapest. Thank you also for your detailed review about your stay shared with us.
Its is great to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and thank you for praising our service. We especially thank you for your positive note regarding our team.
We would be more than happy to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Front Desk Team

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I generally cannot fault this hotel, When in a city you hardly spend anytime in the hotel and with the location this was perfect. We had a room which looked out on to the Basicila and it was a beautiful view every morning. I was a little worried after reading previous reviews about noise but I can honestly say this did not affect us at all as it was only standard noise you would get in a city centre hotel. You've got restaurants/supermarkets in walking distance and only around a 15 minute walk to the chain bridge. Only disappointment I would say was the WIFI as we struggled to get connection at most times. Overall a fantastic hotel and I would definitely return

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hayleyy87
Dóra D, General Manager at The Magazine Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear hayleyy87,

Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay at The Magazine Hotel & Apartments.
Its is great to hear that you had a very pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the advantegous hotel location.
We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit in Budapest.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Good location, but that's about it... was definitely not impressed by the rest. The door to our room is 2-3 meters from reception, room was hot, AC not really working. It felt like an upgraded hostel or something like that... probably perfect for 18-23 years old people...

Receptionist didn't seem to know to much. Just a strange experience when we arrived.

Bed was to hard for my back, so with all this negative we decided to check out within 45min from we checked in. Best part, in some strange way for the receptionist this seemed "normal"

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Dóra D, General Manager at The Magazine Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear DMElf,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

We are really sorry for all of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Please be assured that we will do our best to do the necessary improvements in the future.
We appreciate that you have shared your concerns.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights on our trip to Budapest. I would highly recommend it just because of the location alone. It's right outside St Stephen's Cathedral, a 5 minute walk to the airport shuttle and basically walking distance to most things in the city. The Jewish Quarter was a 10 minute walk away, Buda castle was a 15-20 minute walk away, and it is close to several stops on the train or tram. It's surrounded by restaurants and cafes so looking for food (even at 11pm-midnight) was not a problem. The hotel staff were all very helpful whenever we needed help and the room itself was nothing less of what we expected - it offers the basics you would need in a hotel room and that was all we were looking for. The only downside is that the walls are pretty thin so you can hear your neighbors but we had no other complaints otherwise. We enjoyed our stay in Budapest, and The Magazine Hotel was definitely one of the reasons why!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joyce d
Dóra D, Vezető at The Magazine Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Dear Joyce,
Lovely to hear that you and your friend enjoyed your stay in The Magazine Hotel & Apartments. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I booked a 2 night trip to Budapest via TripAdvisor. My friend advised me to stay near the St. Stephen's Basilica square so I picked The Magazine Hotel. The hotel is located on the second floor of the apartment building which is next to the Basilica. I got room number 7 and only in the morning I realized that I had the best view in the city - my room was the corner room with the full view of St. Stephen's Basilica. By itself the room was large for a hotel and even the bathroom had a full size window with the view of the square. All in all this made my stay in Budapest very special.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Dóra D, General Manager at The Magazine Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Sergei,

We wish to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your time at The Magazine Hotel & Apartments.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and you are satisfied with our facilities. It is really nice to read that you liked the central location.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon for another good time in Budapest.