“Pho at a different level!”

Oriental Soup House
Ranked #151 of 3,608 Restaurants in Budapest
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Could not wait to eat here, as I heard so much about this restaurant. Well all the rumors you hear are super true! The staff goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable, the service is extremely fast and kind. The food is just out of this world! Portions are really big, so make sure to ask the waiter if you did not overdo your order. Soups, dumplings and spring rolls ROCK! Amazed how fresh all ingredients are. LOVED it, will return!

2  Thank TerraExplorator

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Budapest is full of great pho shops and it seems that I am always discovering a new one. I discovered this one yesterday an am adding it to my list of favourites. It's an airy restaurant with Asian lanterns, long communal tables (as well as private tables) an an open kitchen, in the 13th district, not far from the Margit Bridge or Lehel ter.

The pho is absolutely fabulous---fresh, hot, the meat is extremely fresh and tender. They have many varieties besides beef, including chicken, tofu, dim sum dumplings, etc. I also tried an entree that the waitress recommended and although I had no idea what to expect it was great. It was a steam tray full of freshly fried spring rolls that had been cut in half, served with rice and salad and dipping sauce. They had a great selection of beers, juices, soft drinks, etc. This is definitely some place I am going back to---again and again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I ordered a small Pho Bo but that was quite a portion for sure. Nice place, not a bad interior design. Good air conditioning (was a rarity during the heat wave) - yet leaky, but no worries. Prices are fine - and it seems like everything got more expensive in Budapest anyway.

Don't do the same mistake I did and don't put too many little chilies into your soup, thinking that they won't infuse too much. They do!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I was looking for a place for soup as my son was feeling a bit under the weather. I had also just an article stating that beef rendang had been voted the world's tastiest food!
So we found the Oriental Soup house. My son had Pho and I had the Rendang. It was all really tasty and the beef was tender and very yummy. Even better, my son was cured!!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Very nice place, the interior of the restaurant was fresh while giving you the feeling that you are in some east asian restaurant. Food was great, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice selection of asian beers!