“Stunning contemporary restaurant”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Baraka is a fine dining restaurant creating gourmet Euro-Asian cuisine located in the beautiful Palazzo Dorottya very close to Vörösmarty Square. Very interesting and well developed wine list that pairs perfectly with our multi layered dishes. Food too beautiful to eat, but after the first bite, the culinary journey begins. We offer only either four or six course tasting menus, the best way to enjoy a gastronomic evening.
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Delicious, innovative food with some stunning flavour combinations. Every plate was a picture and portion sizes were just right because the food was so full of numerous elements. The service was perfect, friendly but also professional and everyone seemed charmed to be there. The chocolate dessert was probably my highlight, with salt crystals to give a pop to the taste . . . but then again there was the carrot purée with the lamb . . . too hard. I would return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing culinary experience. Leora and her professional stuff make the visit in Baraca unforgettable.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I wish i could give 10/5!
It was a fantastic experience! Nowhere in the world I had such creative cocktails before! The food was heavenly, the artistic plates were surreal! The staff is very polite and they are enjoying their work what shows of in a continious smile and a sincere intresse in their guests. When we asked for the bill we had troubles with our creditcard and were unable to pay. We were very embarresed and wanted to take a taxi to the appartment to pick up an other card. The boss insisted that he himseld could give us a ride. Never before I have met such a gentle and warming man! He took the time to drive us arround the city (he even had to hire a car to do so)! He and the memorie of his restaurant will be rembered my whole life! I wish him, his family and his team lots of love and succes! But I'm sure you'll be hearing from them and they will make it to the top! If they are not already there!

David S, Tulajdonos at Baraka, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Amber,

Thank you for that remarkable review! I myself will not forget our little adventure :) It doesn't happen everday that I get to drive guests home after enjoying their evening with us, but that was fun! Maybe I should start doing it more often ;) It was great getting to know you and being able to help out. I really hope you get a chance to visit us again to discover where our chef André takes us with his ever changing seasonal menus.

All the best,

David Seboek
Owner/Bread Baker

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

This most beautiful place is perfect for the most romantic dinner. The decor is very unique and I loved the bluish light setting. Service is excellent and food exquisite and very delicate. Not for the big eater though.

1  Thank Marthese C
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We had a tasty sensational dinner here. The cantaloupe soup with unusual ingredients and preparation was a great start. The owners home made bread was unique in taste. The tomato salad burst with flavors and with various types. The main course was great. The silky tofu dessert was out of the world. Each bite we experienced different flavors.

2  Thank Vijay V