“Romantic dinner”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Baraka is a fine dining restaurant creating gourmet Euro-Asian cuisine located in the beautiful Palazzo Dorottya very close to Vörösmarty Square. Very interesting and well developed wine list that pairs perfectly with our multi layered dishes. Food too beautiful to eat, but after the first bite, the culinary journey begins. We offer only either four or six course tasting menus, the best way to enjoy a gastronomic evening.
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

The food was magnificent. The wine selection was mostly Hungarian and very unusual but delightful. Owned by a husband and wife team, they are most gracious hosts.
The wait staff is very attentive without being overbearing.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

So it is on Michelin guide, and as for other restaurants on Michelin guide, the food and service were awesome with wine coupling. 7 course meal with wine coupling was about 42,000ft. Pricy but it was expected. Then we got the bill.
1. We were 10 people and got bill for 9 water bottles altogether. Each bottle of water was 1,700 ft. Doubt they'd try to cheat us but I asked the waiter if we finished that many bottles and he said "almost". What the heck does that mean? Also, I mean, sure it is a very high class restaurant but isn't that seriously, RIDICULOUSLY expensive for water?
2. The credit card machine didn't work. And all the credit cards we were trying got declined. Then they brought another machine, which worked okay but the waiter didn't know how to work a credit card with no chip in it. It was a bit stressful because we didn't have enough cash to pay if it didn't work (bill for 3 people was 150,000 ft). So I'm giving it 4 stars for above 2 reasons.

1  Thank Maochi88
Reviewed 19 June 2016

Fantastic degustation with 7 courses and matched Hungarian wines. The dessert in particular was spectacular.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

A really nice restaurant right near the main square in Budapest, enjoyed our dinner and the service was very nice. One of the best meals we had while traveling through Europe. Highly recommend, and let them recommend a great Hungarian wine!

1  Thank JH3970
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I booked a table here for my girlfriend's birthday while visiting Budapest, and it was amazing.

We were greeted by two members of staff, both of whom were very friendly, and we had drinks in the bar while we waited for our table, as my girlfriend and I were somewhat early. The drinks were delicious, and many of the cocktails on offer were a new twist on old classics, so they felt fresh and new while being familiar enough that you know what you will or will not like.

We were seated around 30 minutes later at a very nice table in the small dining area. I started with the quail, which was incredibly tasty. The cherries on the side were a fantastic addition to the dish. My girlfriend had the aubergine mousseline, which was also delicious.

Before our starters arrived we were given complementary bread, and a peppery amuse-bouche topped with cucumber foam. I don't even like cucumber and I still thought it was delicious.

For out mains we had the maple sake glazed salmon and the filet mignon, both of which were excellent. The steak was definitely one of the best I have ever eaten.

All of the food was beautifully presented, incredibly tasty, and far more filling than many reviewers have suggested. I certainly wasn't hungry after my meal. We even decided that we didn't need dessert.

The staff were also very friendly and professional, and I'd happily pay to go again.