“Authentic traditional Hungarian food”

Rosenstein Vendeglo
Ranked #118 of 3,521 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Hungarian, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "The cozy place, where the owner is the chef"
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This place was indicated by a friend and it was delightful! It is a very traditional restaurant with quality food. We ordered three type of dishes, one with Duck, with Chicken and another with Fish and all of them didn’t fail. Not to mention that the staff was friendly.

On my next visit to Budapest I will definitely visit this place again.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Two of us dined at we savoured every bite, the service was great and our waitress was perfect with keeping checks on us while not being intrusive. The food was very flavoursome and perfectly cooked, I had the wild boar and is a recipe I will be trying to replicate.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Had 4 people for fantastic dinner all dishes were great. Not a single miss among appetizers entrees and desserts both vegetarian meats and sweets

1  Thank orenfue
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Loved this place. When we arrived we were greeted by the waiter who looked after our table. As we entered and left we were greeted by the most friendliest people who made us feel so welcome when we entered and said goodbye when we left . The decor is rustic and traditional. Our waiter was really helpful and friendly. The food was amazing and we enjoyed everything we had. The bread is plentiful and the wine we chose was really nice. We had a Hungarian merlot which we really enjoyed.

I asked for a main meal as a starter and it was no problem. The waiter just explained that it was a main meal and would make it smaller meal.

Only thing I would say is if you fancy the bone marrow starter ask the waiter to explain what you get as it is a meal that a lot may not enjoy.

Would be happy to return and spend my money again and it is such a nice friendly restaurant.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Me and my wife were taken to this restaurant by our Hungarian friends. After dining here, I was not impressed with the quality of the food that I had. My dish was dry, under seasoned and therefore lacked any kind of nice taste or flavour, it was honestly very bland and dull. My wife and our friends seemed to enjoy their meals. I ate as much as I could as not to offend our friends, but this was not, sadly to say, a very enjoyable dining experience for me. One of the reasons why I may have not enjoyed my meal at this restaurant is that I have been eating a lot of food lately, and my taste buds are now tiring a bit.

4  Thank 811michael