The hotel architecture is no doubt like an art; impressive and elegant. Imagining having your breakfast at the 17th century palace looking dining hall. Great lobby, rooms in the older wing are generally nice.
Great location too. Hop-on/off tour bus and tram stop are just right in front the hotel, restaurants, bars, fast food, grocery stores, etc are nearby. Subway just 3 min walk away, Keleti train station (that one can go to Slovakia or Austria) is about 15-20 walk.It's quite centrally located if you enjoy walking round the city that cover most famous spots (Parliament House, Heroes square, Museums, Market Hall, St. Stephen's Basilica, etc).
The staff in general were not that helpful or knowledgeable. Eg. waiters at breakfast usually won't pour your coffee until you asked for it. Or you asked for certain items in your bill to be summarised and you get a straight and unquestionable "NO" (yes, it can be done, and it was eventually done). So, if you have any issue (eg. the taps in the room are not working, etc) getting to the manager level would get your problem solved quicker. I was there for 3 weeks and the staff get friendlier when they started to see you often.
Rooms in the older wing (where the lobby and New York cafe are) are better. Rooms facing the main road are brighter and have a better view but definitely noisy. Definitely not meant for light sleepers. I won't recommend the newer wing unless you are one who won't care for a view and prefer quietness.
Overall, it is slightly above average and for the location and convenience, I would still consider coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience 5-star luxury when staying in the gorgeous Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection. Our contemporary hotel is one of the most grand luxury hotels in Budapest, Hungary. It offers proximity to some of the Budapest area' best attractions, including Chain Bridge, Great Synagogue, and Vaci Utca. We invite you to stay with us and visit our serene indoor pool, state-of-the-art fitness center, full service spa, and impeccable restaurants during your visit to Budapest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Boscolo New York Palace
- New York Palace Budapest